Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the d and d is not sealing correctly. wear it slides on to the header.. every few days i wipe off a bunch of soot off the header collector so i know its leakin outta there, just cant tighten it anymore than it is or the bolt will break. someone chime in on how to fix this..

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
nightrod81 said:
the d and d is not sealing correctly. wear it slides on to the header.. every few days i wipe off a bunch of soot off the header collector so i know its leakin outta there, just cant tighten it anymore than it is or the bolt will break. someone chime in on how to fix this..
Sounds like you need to push it on somemore.The bolt is cheap and will strip before it breaks.

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
If there is any gap between the heat shield on the rear header and the heat shield on the collector, it isn't in all the way and will leak. Been there done that.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no gap at all. its not leaking to much, cant here it, but can just bairly feel it wile you rev it and put your hand aroundit, you can feel it if you put your hand behind the 2-1 collector and rev it, you can feel it push aginst your hand a lil bit.. not all that bad just would like it to seal a lil more..

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
nightrod81 said:
Is this happening on the rear header? If so, check your flang brackets and see if they are beveled on the inside of the hole. If it isn't, you need to get one that is from D&D and you'll have to replace it or have D&D send you the header with that flang bracket already on it.

This happened to me and what happens is the rear header is not allowed to line up properly with that old style flang bracket.. When it happened to me, I told them they need to get all the old ones out of production, and put a recall to their distributors, but obviously there are still some out there. :spank:

You'll of course want to put brand new exhaust gaskets on both front and rear headers and install again.

Let me know if that works for you.

Ooops.. Just read it is where it meets the header.. I don't have any issues there, but I will say, you need to make sure and get it on all the way because if you don't, it will leak. Loosen it up again, and make sure you can't move it further on. I think I have it on a couple of inches at least.. and then tighten the clamp and it shouldn't leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts