Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you find yourself in need of cleaning the glass on your insurment panel it really is very simple to remove dust and moisture.

Remove the cluster from the bike and set it face down on a good surface. Take a thin blade small screw driver or a butter knife (don't let your wife catch you doing this with her knife) and go around one end only of the aluminum band that holds the front of the bezel and glass in place.

Continue around until you have most of one end of the cluster with the lip seperated and a noticable gap at the outside edge of the aluminum band.

After you get about 50% of the bezel bent out you can then take the end that has the band bent out and gently pull the bezel end forward.

Continue to pull until it starts to seperate and give you a pretty good gap.

Then it is a simple matter of slipping the bezel off of the other end.

After you have the bezel removed it is a simple job to seperate the bezel from the lens for cleaning or replacement.

Or if you would like to glue in your favorite emblem or other work to the cluster face you can do it at this time.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank the bulbs are not changeable and to go further into the cluster gets a little more difficult and greater care should be used at this point. First remove the needles and then slowly work the mask out of the front to expose the core of the cluster.

Attachments

·
2,552 Posts
Max said:
Frank the bulbs are not changeable and to go further into the cluster gets a little more difficult and greater care should be used at this point. First remove the needles and then slowly work the mask out of the front to expose the core of the cluster.

Max,

What's your thoughts on a color tinted polycarbonate to replace the existing clear, like a light shade red or blue.

Frank

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frank that would probably work, I had thought about an entire new mask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts