Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2014 muscle that I absolutely love, but the previous own had a set of soft leather harley brand saddle bags installed on the bike. They completely kill the back end for me, but I also wanted them incase I ever do a long trip.
My question is, how does the stock license plate bracket normally mount the the muscle? It looks like the stock bracket its just mounted onto the saddle bag mount so its behind the saddle bag instead of where it normally would be. Could anyone post a picture of how the bracket mounts to the bike normally or just explain in detail? Id really appreciate it.
I look forward to spending a lot more time here as a new v rod owner.

·
Registered
142 Posts

It just bolts right to the frame rail, behind the fender, with two bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much Jay, that picture is exactly what I needed. Not sure why I thought it was bolted to the bottom of the shock, was getting worried it wasn't the stock plate mount if that was the case lol. Definitely the same one though they just have the most bolted to the saddle bag rail instead of up on the frame mount. Thank you again. If anyone has a pic off hand or could get one easy enough of up under the fender how it bolts that would still be great but I'm sure this is enough. Im assuming I can just remove the rear seat to get the saddle bag bracket off correct? Going to be a project for this coming weekend for sure. Love the bike so far btw...

·
Departed the Fix.
5,185 Posts
Or you can do something like this.....

(and then you won't have to worry about the plate if you have saddlebags)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Might have to remove the rear fender to get to the bolts. But that's not that hard to do.

If those bags are in good shape and you are interested in selling them. I'm looking for a set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jay, they are nice leather harley bags, I will post a pic of them once I get them off and make me an offer I may part with them. I wanted to keep them just incase I ever did a long trip but I doubt I'd ever use them like a bunch of other stuff i keep laying around incase ill use someday also so id more than likely let them go lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Cool. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Where are you located?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts