Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have an 07 vrod which I tried swapping the seats and rear fender over on with 2015 i think parts which I have as you can see tried and to me there is no chance it is a striaght swap barring cutting the frame up and fabricating. Am I missing something? I probably should have checked before I got the new stuff sprayed lol
Anyone any help or is all of this going back on eBay?
Would really appreciate anyone who has done similar to post pics of what they done and how it looks. I have my own idea of how I think I could do it but would appreciate help before I start drilling and taking things apart if I don’t have to. Thanks hope you guys can help

Attachments

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have a Muscle rear fender and seat setup mounted on my 03. Fender mounted pretty easy with just some minor trimming of the plastic around the bolt area and where your fingers are in your pic. NRS shouldn't be much different as the fender mounting holes are the same for both Muscle and NRS. The biggest problem is the seat as the hinge on the frame is in a different position on the later frames. Easiest solution is peel the seat cover back slightly around the hinge and drill out the rivets so the hinge floats around. Then get the seat in position with the hinge pin in and mark the new position of the hinge. This is awkward but can be done. Then remove the seat, redrill and rivet the hinge in its new position. Job done!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Hey CR, how does that seat match up to the airbox cover? I would love to see a picture or pictures of your setup.
I don't have the original airbox cover with this seat, but have had the original seat with this airbox cover and the fitment is pretty much the same, which is pretty good. The air box has a channel down the centre which leaves a small gap in the middle but hardly noticeable. I'll go and take a couple of pics to post for you.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Oh ok, do i have to do any modifications or can i install it directly? and do you have shop manuals and parts catalog? So i can take a look at the exploded view. thanks!
I would think yours should be pretty straight forward being the later frame setup at the rear. Pre 2008 was different and needed to be tweaked a bit, but I don't think you will have much if anything to do. As I said before worse case you need to change seat pan/inner fender also. I would offer up the pieces and see what fits and what blocks, may just need a little trimming. Obviously there is no manual for doing this but for parts views etc. this should help you.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I' m confused, it the frame a 06 as in title or is it a 07?
07 is a wide frame (1st year)
It was a straight swap to put narrow fender on wide frame using 08 VRSCD rear setup
But the other way was using 06 VRSCSE2 rear sections for wide tire narrow frame

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I' m confused, it the frame a 06 as in title or is it a 07?
07 is a wide frame (1st year)
It was a straight swap to put narrow fender on wide frame using 08 VRSCD rear setup
But the other way was using 06 VRSCSE2 rear sections for wide tire narrow frame
OP was discussing fitting to an 06, but Nightrodpilot jumped in on post 5 asking about fitting to hos 2011. Takes a bit of keeping up with!! 😃

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.