Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
06 SE V-Rod
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to take some longer trips on my 06 SE V-rod, and the one issue I have is with the factory seat. It is fine for daily commutes, but after 80 miles or so, I start to get sore and uncomfortable on my inner thighs. The reach of the factory seat is perfect for me, so that's not the issue. It's like the factory seat is putting pressure there that needs to be relieved.

I've seen a zillion ads/reviews for seats, but just exactly how does one decide whicn one is THE solution for your own issues without actually buying it? I'm not interested in dropping several hundred only to find out the new seat is no better than the one I have now. I guess what I am looking for is someone that knows their stuff and can zero in on exactly what will fix my issue without me having to guess, but I do know know who that would be.

Ideally, I guess I'd like to find one that I can swap on for longer trips and keep my factory one for normal commuting, as I like the looks of the bike just the way it is.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Sundowner

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
CORBIN but you gotta try the seat out first. All butts are different you know what I mean? Seriously go hang around a HD dealer or bikers hang out. Be sure to ask first before trying out someones seat bike owners are funny about seat invasion LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts