Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Two Wheels Or A Prop
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this has the potential to get me flamed, I figured it might be kinda cool to have a post about with the best tips for burnouts, rolling burnouts, wheelies, and any other crazy things our bikes shouldn't legally be doing.

So please post your tips.

Disclaimer: Posting to this thread does not imply, implicate, or condone reckless and/or illegal behavior. Responses, suggestions, and tips are solely for “track” use only. Ride safe! :)

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
IMO...SAFETY FIRST...

If you have to be told how to do it...

Then I am not going to tell you...

Risk is to great to get someone hurt.

rod

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
have at it

I assume no responsibilty if you kill, mame, dismember or otherwise harm yourself and or property trying to perform the attached.:deal:

Wheelies - I don't think these bikes wheelie - at least not in stock form - well maybe if you do something crazy like let the clutch out at 8000

Rolling burnouts get to no more than 20 miles per hour pull the clutch in and
burnouts from standstill keep some of your weight off the bike and open and close the throttle very quickly and repetively whill you let the clutch go quickly

if you want to learn to do tricks buy someone's 3 or 4 yearold Jap sportbike for $3K or $4K and have a party go to town. rev to 7000 and then let the clutch out fast:moped:
:kaz:

V-Rods have a long wheel base and are extremely heavy and not really suitable for "Wheelieing", doing endos or stoppies about the best fun you'll get is the rolling burnmout.

Anybody doing these tricks on a V-Rod either went to the motor for big mods, changed the front sprocket to a 26 tooth, or is running some crazy fuel map. Or maybe I just got the only slow V-Rod ever made.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Do a search we have a couple of guys that are more than capable of riding wheelies. Look in the video area.

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
Sure, I know it can be done but not really on a stock ike was my point.

·
Banned
579 Posts
What is the EASIEST way to do a rolling burn out? I can do one as long as the ground is a little damp, haven't been able to master it otherwise.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
dschminkey said:
What is the EASIEST way to do a rolling burn out? I can do one as long as the ground is a little damp, haven't been able to master it otherwise.
I could do it very easy when I had my old dunlops by having the clutch in and rev up to 5k or so and let out the clutch fast, but once I got the metzlers on it doesn't seem to want to do it anymore :( I also killed it once and everytime I've tried lately I always think of that time so I might just be scaring myself :hmm:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I can get my R to do a small wheelie!!! Just get rollin about 5 mph and pull in the clutch. I rev to about 5,000-6,000 rpms and let the clutch out. It will pull the front wheel about 2 feet off the ground!! Nothing much compared to when i had my CBR or Ninja, but fun none the less!!!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I see the wheelie master luking below!!!! What do you say ray?!!!!

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
dschminkey said:
Get ABS, it is real easy. Front brake won't lock on you. You just have to get the rear end straight. Otherwise you have feather the front brake to the point of lockup.

Wheelies on a stocker is all about throwing your weight at the right time. Some guys are good enough to control with just throttle. I use throttle and rear brake. If you care about your bike, landings can be hard on it. There are some movies around here of me doing some on a stock 1130.

Stoppies..........haven't even come close yet:D Whatever you do you have to have a good feel for the bike and be lighting fast while having good contol of throttle, brakes, clutch and balance.

·
Banned
837 Posts
I saw an ex-cop from Opelousas wheelie his stock Road King. I think a V-Rod should be able to too.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
You guys should all ride with the guys from RNT Racing. I can picture them sitting around reading this thread just smiling from ear to ear. Jeremy rides his V-Rod on one wheel just about all the time, as far as I can tell.

He also rides an old EVO Bagger, and it has NO trouble getting up on one wheel to the point the pipes drag and throw sparks.

I'm not bold enough to do this crazy stuff, nor do I condone it. But I'll watch it all day long, from a safe distance. ;)

·
George
5,411 Posts
rjrivero said:
You guys should all ride with the guys from RNT Racing. I can picture them sitting around reading this thread just smiling from ear to ear. Jeremy rides his V-Rod on one wheel just about all the time, as far as I can tell.

He also rides an old EVO Bagger, and it has NO trouble getting up on one wheel to the point the pipes drag and throw sparks.

I'm not bold enough to do this crazy stuff, nor do I condone it. But I'll watch it all day long, from a safe distance. ;)
Ain't it funny RJ... how us guys (like us) who deal with "when things go wrong" for a living are not as eager to try them ourselves?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
rjrivero said:

Yeah, he almost lost it at an intersection in Gatlinburg Tenn. Tough to explain that to your insurance agent. He does an awesome wheelie though. But then again, he's turbo charged at 200HP.:notworth:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
A burnout class can be taught by Nightmare. She did a burnout that made the techs cry at an HD stealership in Tenn. They need lessons on a Destroyer too. Pittiful!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
Yeah, he almost lost it at an intersection in Gatlinburg Tenn. Tough to explain that to your insurance agent. He does an awesome wheelie though. But then again, he's turbo charged at 200HP.:notworth:
The evo bagger he wheelies around Toledo has a whopping 58 horses. Not to mention it weighs around 750 lbs.

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
Ive had my bike for about 18 months now.

Tried a rolling tyre fryer the other night for the first time.

Rolling about 5ks/hr tops pulled clutch in, revved it up to about 5500rpm then drop then clutch.

Instant wheel spin and the bike kicked to the right very quickly, so I pulled the clutch back in as I didn't know where the bike was going to go.

I'm very comfortable on my bike and used to race the old motor crosser but I am just terrified of dropping my anniversary V as the waiting time to get replacement parts is rediculous so it raises the fear factor of attempting such feats.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
A burnout class can be taught by Nightmare. She did a burnout that made the techs cry at an HD stealership in Tenn. They need lessons on a Destroyer too. Pittiful!
Oh no....I had to cheat to do mine...I'm the one who needs lessions! Smoothy should give lessions on the east coast and DrHeathenScum can take care of the west coasties!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts