Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the Harley museum in Milwaukee last week, I ran across some awesome bikes, like a reverse revolution powered trike. Probably the most coolest thing that I came across was a clay mock-up of the Vrod. This was clearly right out of R&D. There were notes on napkins, drawings, individual componant prototypes, etc. This was cool. I took pics of everything Vrod related (and others!). Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pix

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last of the Vrod pix. Ill be putting all of the museum pix on my facebook page if youd like to see all of them. Send a PM and Ill give you my name for the page...or a link to the page (if I can figure that out)

Hope you enjoyed the birth of the Vrod!:popcorn

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Thanks Jet Pilot ...... great stuff

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
It's a dam shame HD didn't go with that lean muscle look .

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
Yes that raked out front end, the sporty looking wind screen, and the brown leather seat offset with the aluminum skins (most likely silver paint). That is one long, low, sleek, and sexy machine in that drawing!

Need to get a petition created for them to build the model that way moving forward!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
A lot of "shame" to go around. After a handful of girlie looking designs and CVO/SE disasters they were finally on the right track with the 07 DX. It was low, sexy, simple and just fast looking. No bright colors, no flashy chrome or aluminum, just a simple paint scheme with nice curvy lines. Bad-ass and beautiful at the same time with great flowing lines. It looked "all business", backed it up and sold well, very well. What more can you ask for?
Had they continued that line of thinking / styling I can only imagine where it would have went. Instead they offer up a focking squared-off F that just doesn't flow and they went to a rehashed, redone, overdone Jap look on the DX also with a squared off fender and seat. With Willie gone I wonder will it get better or worse?

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Great Docu, especially all the parts where they talk about how the ALUMINUM finish is what really makes it an Outstanding bike.
...and they had the chance to capture that look in the 10 year anny bike and went with paint. IMGO Epic Fail. The tribute bike to the 2002 Vrod should have been anodized otherwise it is just a DX with the Rs forks and the Ds pipes.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts