Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick my 07 up on Thursday - i've never seen one on the road so I'm wondering how many were made?
I'm in the UK so i'm guessing they are even rarer over here?

Cheers
Steve

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
stevel said:
I pick my 07 up on Thursday - i've never seen one on the road so I'm wondering how many were made?

Cheers
Steve
They are NOT rare.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
I just did a week long trip from so cal to no cal and saw hundreds of bikes along the way. In a week's time only saw one vrod, a Denim DX parked on cannery row in Monterey.

The DX is not a limited edition, but there are not many out there compared to all the bikes on the road.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm

RicoSuave said:
They are NOT rare.
Probably not in the Ltd Edition sense of the word - I'm guessing Harley make as many as they can sell so I guess the question should have been 'How many have been sold?'
Cheers
Steve

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
stevel said:

Cheers
Steve
They are rare in the UK. I only ever see another at the dealers near me....

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Seems to be the default V-Rod. A big seller. No surprise either, prettiest by far IMHO. They cocked up ordering mine, so I got an AW, and I'm hoping I got better handling as a result...

·
JanTielenburg
38 Posts
In the netherlands they are rare too any kind of vrod is unique and solitary considering to the so called classic line from harley, fat-boys are the most seen and of course the touring family, the exclusivity is caused by its price, every harley is expensive for an average dutch hard working female/male

·
Gone
545 Posts
JanTielenburg said:
In the netherlands they are rare too any kind of vrod is unique and solitary considering to the so called classic line from harley, fat-boys are the most seen and of course the touring family, the exclusivity is caused by its price, every harley is expensive for an average dutch hard working female/male
In New England they are everywhere. In fact, on three occassions I have seen groups of 2-3 DXs on the road together in CT and RI.

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
Only thing rare about a DX, is finding someone who doesn't like it.

Oh, and it's rare that mine passes many gas stations

·
Registered
324 Posts
Kieron said:
They are rare in the UK. I only ever see another at the dealers near me....
Had mine since March 07 and never seen another one on the road yet.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Rare is a relative word. They are not technically rare they are very very uncommon in the general public. Just ask all the people rolling down their windows and asking me what kind of bike it is.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Very rare... they will only make as many as they can sell!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
A stealer was trying to use that as a selling point. He kept using the word "Limited". I called another dealer, he told me in a way they were, Harley is only building so many. He gave me a number, but I can't remember it. I felt it is another ploy to sell, just like the "100 Year Anniversary". It wasn't hard to get one. A lot of people went hay wire with it.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
laconia76 said:
Only thing rare about a DX, is finding someone who doesn't like it.
I'm not THAT hard to find. It's been my experience that the "D" is the rare bike. I don't care much for the DX.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
Enjoy your uniqueness while you can. The more people that ride these and show em off, the more interest there will be in them. Especially when they are already eye-catching without mods or accessories.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
DesertSpeed said:
I'm not THAT hard to find. It's been my experience that the "D" is the rare bike. I don't care much for the DX.
And THAT is why we kicked you out of the southwest ;)

Kidding!!! Yup, the D is a great ride too!

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I suspect they batch build and allocate, so the sudden popularity of one and unpopularity of another leads to trouble.

Certainly they ran out of 07DXs in Portugal - I nearly had the last one, and this wasn't a stealer ploy because when they buggered up getting it for me, they were happy to let me screw them for another $1,500 to take an AW rather than wait another week for the DX. I also note my AW was registered in May, and it was August before they managed to push it on to me. When "my" DX finally arrived, it took them less than a week to shift it.

Doubtless in the 08 model year all the R, X and other allocations are now DX. In Europe the D is not offered, only AW and DX.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
The only "limited" DX is the vivid/denim combo. Only made in that combination for one year. :notworth:

Bet they made thousands though!

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
About as rare as a Ford Taurus :laugh:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts