Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am thinking about doing the Progressive Front End lowering kit. I am trying to figure out how much to lower. I have Ohlins in the back that is 12.5" eye to eye. Should I lower the front end only 0.5" or can I lower it more? Would it look funny if I lower it a full 2"? Thoughts and comments appreciated.

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
I think most will tell you to lower equally- just bear in mind speed bumps and such are a bear if you go too low. I went I think an inch and a half all around and you have to watch where you go!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
If you are only going for .5" you can just push the tubes down in the trees for free.I put the Progressive kit in and pushed the tubes down an inch.Like mine really low.

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slammed Rod said:
If you are only going for .5" you can just push the tubes down in the trees for free.I put the Progressive kit in and pushed the tubes down an inch.Like mine really low.
Thanks Slammed Rod. In addition to lowering, I am also looking for a better front fork experience so I would do the kit regardless. I saw your bike and it looks bad a$$. :notworth: While checking out you bike, I thought to myself. Is the angle of the rear shocks the same as the angle of the front forks? Meaning, if I lowered the rear 0.5", does it mean I need to lower the front 0.5" or do I need more if the rake angle is greater. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I don't think a .5" difference would affect anything.I have air ride in the rear so it only sits that low when parked.If you don't want to spend the $$$ on the front sproings you could just push the tubes down and up grade to the E heavy or SE extra heavy fork oil.It will change the ride of the front also.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
just install the normal progressive springs and HD heavy duty fork oil and then run the tubes up the trees to what ever hight you want. I was not impressed with the performance of the lowering springs and canned them after 10 miles!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts