Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am giving up trying to find a PCIII map.

I haven't been able to find any maps that go with my setup:

2006 VRSCD, Topless, K&N, Vance and Hines 2to1, PCIII USB.

So, since I am completely new to motorcycles, can someone tell me how much I should expect to pay for a custom dyno tune?

Thanks,

Morf

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
I paid a flate rate of $300 for my dynotune. I felt that this was kind of a rip-off because it went alot smoother than it would have if I had not already had a map (from this forum) that was pretty damn close to perfect.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
BTW, there is a dyno tuner in the area that was much cheaper, but after talking to him, I wasn't confident in his ability to tune my bike. The guy I eventually went with used to be the head mechanic and exhaust builder for the Honda race team back in the day and came very highly recommended. So although I wasn't happy about the price, I was confident in his abilities and competence when tuning my baby.

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
I paid $250 flat rate. I think it took around 2 1/2 hours.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Dealer told me today it would be about $325 and around 3-4 hours.Does this sound right?

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
I have been paying $300 for an advanced map. I wouldn't waste your money or time on it unless they map both cylinders for you. Most places seem to charge a flat rate and if they do it in a hour, it still costs $300.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Slammed Rod said:
Dealer told me today it would be about $325 and around 3-4 hours.Does this sound right?
The PC III USB shouldn't take 3 to 4 hours based on what I have been told by several dynojet dyno tuners. The computer does all of the work and they tell me 1.5 hours is enough time to dial it in good. I hear the SERT takes that long.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Consider using the Twinscan II + from daytona twintec. It would require welding bungs for 02 sensors on each header, but the benefit is you would never have to pay for dyno tuning. If I would have done this in the first place, it would have cost half as much in the long run. :2cents:

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
rjrivero said:
Consider using the Twinscan II + from daytona twintec. It would require welding bungs for 02 sensors on each header, but the benefit is you would never have to pay for dyno tuning. If I would have done this in the first place, it would have cost half as much in the long run. :2cents:
:them: I went with a dyno, but am finding that I still have some spots I want to tune. If I would have gone with the Twinscan II+ all would have been great, but now that I pad for the dyno, I don't have $$ for the twinscan. Oh well... live, learn and repeat the mistakes of others...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What and how exactly does the "Twinscan II" work?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
morf said:
What and how exactly does the "Twinscan II" work?
Check out their website. This is the direct link to the Twinscan II +

Link Here.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
should be done in 2 hours max they have a system that does most of the work before the tech does the fine tunning, mine took a hour but so they usually charge for 2.

Shops will charge what they think they can get away with, may range from 50 to use the Dyno and 65 a hour for the tune or for the dyno and 50 to install the PC111 flat fee of 300 and every combination in between.

Shop around and find out how long they have been dynoing experience does count.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
at our shop we have 2 seperate 02 channels recorded so we can tune both cylinders at the same time. still a complete map with a sert takes 3-4 hrs. a power commander can be tuned in less time but i still prefer the sert for many reasons.

·
Registered
452 Posts
lbrown said:
at our shop we have 2 seperate 02 channels recorded so we can tune both cylinders at the same time. still a complete map with a sert takes 3-4 hrs. a power commander can be tuned in less time but i still prefer the sert for many reasons.

And the reasons would be?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts