Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an oil change today and it took all five qts. The last time the stealer did the change it took 4.5. Same Amsoil (thanks Ken) same amsoil filter. Also no drain plug gasket? Seemed that it had pipe dope on it.
Didnt leak before and not leaking now.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
5 is required for the Rod.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Just make sure you drain it completely and replace the filter. Add 4 qts then check the level. Add more if necessary. If the bike is not warm, slanted left and forward then you may not drain out 5 qts.
You do not want to overfill.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Nas3car said:
I did an oil change today and it took all five qts. The last time the stealer did the change it took 4.5. Same Amsoil (thanks Ken) same amsoil filter. Also no drain plug gasket? Seemed that it had pipe dope on it.
Didnt leak before and not leaking now.
Your Welcome!

I dump 5 qts in mine each time and it is on the mark.

The V-Rod does not use a plug gasket and you want to be sure not to over do the pipe dope. That is not the kind of stuff you want flowing through an engine.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Thinking about tackling mine this friday night. How long did u let your bike warm up. Seeing it says in the manual get bike to proper operation tempture.
Got 2 filters and 10 qts of Amsoil (Ken) need to get using it, just about to hit 4k and the dealership did mine when I bought it at the 952 mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts