Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many times must it take before you realize that the Black and Orange color scheme on your bike makes it invisible to people backing up in parking lots. I have had my bike hit twice while parked for a sum of $2400.00 in damages.

Got to love inattentive drivers!!!!!!!!!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
that orange and black paint scheme blends right in with the VA-Beach oceanic back drop. Have you not heard of the new black/orange land dolphins?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Just because you don't believe people when we say no one likes the Street Rod doesnt mean it isnt true.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
sorry for your crap luck, but at least it gets hit when you're NOT on it.

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
Did the drivers actually stop both times and give their info? Around me I am sure people would just take off.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did the drivers actually stop both times and give their info? Around me I am sure people would just take off.
The first one was a.hit and run but the owner of the vehicle returned with the insurance info and had the bike repaired. Guessing momma's baby daddy. The second one was an employee of a BMW dealership on their property

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
A bike could be neon orange, and someone will still hit it!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The Mustang got smashed in the rear on Monday in the public garage at the hospital.The lady that smashed into it left her info.
She thinks it's just a little $100 scratch.Reality is going to wake her up and hopefully she will take better care with her driving habits when she learns that a new bumper skin painted to match and installed is over $1100.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
The Mustang got smashed in the rear on Monday in the public garage at the hospital.The lady that smashed into it left her info.
She thinks it's just a little $100 scratch.Reality is going to wake her up and hopefully she will take better care with her driving habits when she learns that a new bumper skin painted to match and installed is over $1100.
$100 scratch. :rofl2: She should work in a body shop for a month. At least she did the right thing and left her information. Got to give her props for that.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
The true question is what were they driving.

I say this, because most people on FT. Bragg drive trucks either stock or jacked way up and can't even see a car when backing up. I don't know how many time while sitting on the bike waiting to park people started backing up towards me. I lay on the horn which stops them. Then I get off the bike and smoke the PVT in the parking lot for all to see. Smoke as in push ups, flutter kicks, etc., you act stupid and be dumb, your going to pay.

The F***ERS around here don't drive with a clue, and think they are bad A** when jacking there trucks up when they don't even go off roading.

I am sick of it, and going to take worse measures when people are stupid around me. People around Fayetteville don't have a fricking clue how to drive. No one in the south uses there blinkers for some reason, where driving the bike or SUV I turn mine on a 100 meters or more before slowing down and turning.

In the end, politicians should start pushing laws were when people hit others on bikes, they have stronger punishments to deal with. Then maybe people will start keep a better eye out. They always say I didn't see them, when they should be saying I looked over there and was looking for a car, so I didn't see a bike. When I check, I look, not for a car but anything, IE a car, truck, 18 wheeler, guy on motorcycle, guy on peddle bike. Doesn't matter, I am looking for anything that may cause an accidental, not just something that will do damage to my vech.

It's even worse when people honk horns at me at a green light, because I take a sec or two to look left and right to make sure someone jack A** isn't trying to run a yellow and has it turn red on him/her. Which has happened a number of times. No thank you, I am in a DIV that is 82nd ABN DIB, and we get a four day weekend if there are no deaths in DIV. IE no one dies, but it always seems as we get close (40-50 days) away from getting to 82 days without a death somebody dies while riding a bike. And it's always a car involved. Worse is even when it's another Soldier, and at time the other Soldier was drinking.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, glad you weren't on the bike S1, take it easy and ride safe.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The true question is what were they driving.

I say this, because most people on FT. Bragg drive trucks either stock or jacked way up and can't even see a car when backing up. I don't know how many time while sitting on the bike waiting to park people started backing up towards me. I lay on the horn which stops them. Then I get off the bike and smoke the PVT in the parking lot for all to see. Smoke as in push ups, flutter kicks, etc., you act stupid and be dumb, your going to pay.

The F***ERS around here don't drive with a clue, and think they are bad A** when jacking there trucks up when they don't even go off roading.

I am sick of it, and going to take worse measures when people are stupid around me. People around Fayetteville don't have a fricking clue how to drive. No one in the south uses there blinkers for some reason, where driving the bike or SUV I turn mine on a 100 meters or more before slowing down and turning.

In the end, politicians should start pushing laws were when people hit others on bikes, they have stronger punishments to deal with. Then maybe people will start keep a better eye out. They always say I didn't see them, when they should be saying I looked over there and was looking for a car, so I didn't see a bike. When I check, I look, not for a car but anything, IE a car, truck, 18 wheeler, guy on motorcycle, guy on peddle bike. Doesn't matter, I am looking for anything that may cause an accidental, not just something that will do damage to my vech.

It's even worse when people honk horns at me at a green light, because I take a sec or two to look left and right to make sure someone jack A** isn't trying to run a yellow and has it turn red on him/her. Which has happened a number of times. No thank you, I am in a DIV that is 82nd ABN DIB, and we get a four day weekend if there are no deaths in DIV. IE no one dies, but it always seems as we get close (40-50 days) away from getting to 82 days without a death somebody dies while riding a bike. And it's always a car involved. Worse is even when it's another Soldier, and at time the other Soldier was drinking.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, glad you weren't on the bike S1, take it easy and ride safe.

The hit and run was a late model Nissan Altima guy just trying to leave at a high rate of speed. the second was a new BMW 3 series. I'm guessing the detail boy at the dealer was on his cell phone. it had to be a tough call to the owner of the new BMW.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Little man syndrome.

1) Almost always wearing cowboy boots with the largest heels possible.
2) Very loud car stereo. Toby Keith or Nickelback tend to be the preferred blaring music.
3) The overall truck height is inversely proportional to the natural height of the driver.

·
It's Only Money
1,321 Posts
I bought the orange bike to stay below the radar. Maybe I should have more black on it to better hide. I've also found no matter what color bike I'm on, I'm still invisible to cagers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It happens to cars to. My wife's brand new car was tagged as she was sitting to make a left turn. The woman who hit her said she did not see the car. My wife informed her that those things called mirrors can be helpful. The woman hit my wife while backing up. My wife's car is another of those invisible colors, RED.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It happens to cars to. My wife's brand new car was tagged as she was sitting to make a left turn. The woman who hit her said she did not see the car. My wife informed her that those things called mirrors can be helpful. The woman hit my wife while backing up. My wife's car is another of those invisible colors, RED.

"If I saw it I would not have hit it" NO FOCKING SH T. DUMB ASS

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
It's even worse when people honk horns at me at a green light, because I take a sec or two to look left and right to make sure someone jack A** isn't trying to run a yellow and has it turn red on him/her. Which has happened a number of times.
When I lived in the Detroit downriver area (Southgate / Wyandotte / Riverview / etc.) pretty much if you were the first one in line at a green light the rule was to count cars running the light -- 1... 2... 3... after the 3rd car runs the red light, you USUALLY were clear to start going. If nothing else, the guy in the next lane usually went on 2 and had a near miss, which stops the rest of the traffic running the red. This was particularly true with any street that intersected with Fort St (hwy 85) like Eureka, Ford, or Pennsylvania. Toledo road was also really bad to cross as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts