27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many months a year do you ride?

·
Livin the dream
77 Posts
Max said:
How many months a year do you ride?
12 months even in NJ. Gotta love electric vests, gloves, & socks!

G

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
:stooge: I ride year round also in Jersey weather, how else would I get 17,000 miles in 2 years.....

Brad

·
Registered
144 Posts
Vrod1958 said:
:stooge: I ride year round also in Jersey weather, how else would I get 17,000 miles in 2 years.....

Brad
You need to get out and ride more! :D

I've had my '04 about 18 months and turned over 43,000 miles last week... in the rain. I've put on the rain gear in my garage before heading out for work many, many times. :)

:kaz:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Sunshine said:
You need to get out and ride more! :D

I've had my '04 about 18 months and turned over 43,000 miles last week... in the rain. I've put on the rain gear in my garage before heading out for work many, many times. :)

:kaz:
NO you need to get a job...:spank:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
My riding "season" is 9 months but if the roads (with the salt) are dry at times in the remaining three months I will go out on the bike..

I don't chance riding on wet salted roads, I have seen that damage that does..

·
Registered
144 Posts
VrodG said:
NO you need to get a job...:spank:
HOW do you think I racked up most of those miles? As I said, I've put on rain gear "before heading out for work". My daily commute to work is about 130 miles per day round-trip. I do it on 2 wheels unless there's snow or ice.

Besides, if I put that many miles on without a job, it would have to mean that I don't need one. How could you afford to own and maintain a V-Rod and ride it 30,000 miles a year if you weren't either working or "financially independent"?
;)

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
The # of months in the poll doesn't go low enough for me up here in the great white north! lol

Actually, I can usually get about 6 months of riding - mid Apr to mid Oct ish.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Geerod said:
12 months even in NJ. Gotta love electric vests, gloves, & socks!

G
12 months also. Gotta love sunny and 72 in San Diego. Sometimes need a sweatshirt!! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I don't ride once they start with the salt and sand trucks, well maybe if we take a trip south. The cold isn't so bad as long as it is above 30 degrees, if there is a good rain to wash the streets I'm out there.

I put 9 months as an adverage because there is a winter up here.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Seven months is about all you can expect as a for sure around here. I try to ride at least once each month but I don't consider that "year round". I intend to alleviate the limitation shortly however. This is the first winter that the wife and I will officially claim the title "Snowbirds".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts