Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
5K Miles ? She's nothin' but a baiby ! Love that blue, pretty rare !! (y):cool:
I'm good with her being young. I've only had her for half of a season. Living on a farm I may get to ride once a month for a few hours. Even then I have to trailer out of my valley. Can't park near the highway because of the meth heads. Our forest road was built by hand in the late 30s early 40s. It has one really rough low water crossing, trees fall at least once a week, and heavy rain makes it impassable by bike or most cars for that matter. I've been told the dust will wreak havoc on my fork seals. Plant Dog Car Motor vehicle Tree
Water Dog Plant Vertebrate Tree
Water Water resources Plant Green Fluvial landforms of streams

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
BostonRidgeback - Hey - Trade you a 1999 Yamaha WR 400F with the five valve head a Titanium Exhaust, quick turn triple clamps, Carbon Fiber side panel, skid plate etc. and really low hours for that beautiful blue R Model ! How about with a grand or two additional, looks like you could have more fun with it than me as I gotta trailer it a couple hours to go have fun at the off road area - you could ride it right up your driveway ! :D Yea, doesn't look like an R Model driveway - a cool dirt bike driveway for sure. There was a guy on here that dropped his R quite a few times on his gravel driveway, got the engine guard, dropped it some more, bikes just not up to that task, good you trailer it, seriously if you ever want to sell it let me know ! SO - What the hell are Meth heads doing way the hell on up in there in the woods ? :oops:

·
Registered
27 Posts
BostonRidgeback - Hey - Trade you a 1999 Yamaha WR 400F with the five valve head a Titanium Exhaust, quick turn triple clamps, Carbon Fiber side panel, skid plate etc. and really low hours for that beautiful blue R Model ! How about with a grand or two additional, looks like you could have more fun with it than me as I gotta trailer it a couple hours to go have fun at the off road area - you could ride it right up your driveway ! :D Yea, doesn't look like an R Model driveway - a cool dirt bike driveway for sure. There was a guy on here that dropped his R quite a few times on his gravel driveway, got the engine guard, dropped it some more, bikes just not up to that task, good you trailer it, seriously if you ever want to sell it let me know ! SO - What the hell are Meth heads doing way the hell on up in there in the woods ? :oops:
BTW the trash is from the hillbilly trash service. I started taking pictures of it every time they broke a bag and left it. I have a Honda Rincon for the gravel roads and farm work. The meth heads only fuck around miles up the mountain near the highway. If you leave it there long enough. They will break your windows and trash your shit for you. They don't fuck down here. Too many old-timers with backhoes and firearms that don't play. I had only lived here for a week and my elderly neighbor called and said: "If you catch anyone fucking around and they get away from you. You call me and I'll block the road with my dump truck and we'll get those sons of bitches".

I've pondered a dual sport. I even thought about getting 80/20 Anakees for it. But I love the twisties and my R model too much to trade her. TBH it's a unicorn being that cherry. I think someone bought it for cruising and figured out that it's not worth the lead ass.

·
Registered
78 Posts
30882 miles today on my VRSCR it was 61 degrees and sunny today in Portland OR. I'll take advantage of the pause in the rain festival any chance I get!

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
summerjim you scurvy dog you're 715 miles ahead of me now ! :cautious: :mad: Start worrying my bud just bought a 2011 Muscle and we'll be riding together so I'll hopefully catch up some miles on you ! Look behind you here I come ! :ROFLMAO: (y):cool:

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
73K Miles ? WOW ! That's fantastic ! That's almost 2 1/2 times what I've got on my R - guess I'll have to retire and get out riding or I'll NEVER catch up to you AMOB06VRSCR ! Where did you put on most of the miles northern GA. N/C, TN. country roads ? If you got all that in your back yard I can understand - love it up there true riders paradise - There was another guy " Mike in Atlanta " here that had the same year and color R that used to post here all the time until he bought a MOTUS, you might know him - ride 'em don't hide 'em ! (y):cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks streetrodracer ! two thirds of those miles were commuting to work to downtown Atlanta from the suburbs for about 10 years all year round (taking advantage of the HOV lanes due to CRAZY traffic ;)). The remaining miles were logged riding with friends in the North GA, TN, N/C mountains and some in Florida. Don’t know Mike in Atlanta, but I’m sure we have crossed paths.

As far as maintenance is concerned, I’ve used AMSOIL with filter since I’ve bought it back in 2008 every 7,500 miles. A local Harley dealer did the first Valve lash check and adjustment at the 20K mark. Since then, two more valve lash checks have been done and another one coming up this summer (Rod rsc, a member here was a big help with my first one at 40K). The only issues I’ve had that I can remember has been the known rear brake switch issue, the solenoid crapping out several times, one of the radiator fans seizing up on me and the front fork seal leakIng on one side. Avon Cobras have been the tire of choice, hands down!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts