Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many mi to a tank of gas you all getting i have a 07 with the 5gal tank my best was a 150 on a trip go 70 mph but most of the time i get 125 wen the fuel light come on she got 1750 mi on her now :kaz:
ride safe all 1130cc:moped:

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
you are right where you should be

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
:them:

aftermarket 5gal tank,had 183mi max (0.2gal left,never do that again)

·
Banned
579 Posts
The most I have had to a tank is 173...when I filled up it took 4.4 Gallons. All highway riding between 55-70 MPH.

·
The City of Angels
644 Posts
I know car is most fuel efficient at 55mph. It probably wont be too much different with a bike. I usually get 70-90 mi before light turns on with my 3.5 gal tank.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
Thanks for the info. I fuel up close to 100 miles because of some strange, nagging, paranoid-like fear of running out. I read too many posts of some other's having fuel gauge problems. Mine seems to work but I don't have more thank 1K miles on it yet. Either way, I probably fuel up more often than I should...

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
I refuel before 120 miles. Ride mostly around town and do not get great gas mileage. I think my bike has a throttle issue, keeps wanting me to punch it all the time :)

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
balius said:
I refuel before 120 miles. Ride mostly around town and do not get great gas mileage. I think my bike has a throttle issue, keeps wanting me to punch it all the time :)
Mine talks to me and says "GUN IT YOU PU$$Y A$$ED MTHER FCKER" I try not to but it keeps heckling me.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
CTMorgan111 said:
Mine talks to me and says "GUN IT YOU PU$$Y A$$ED MTHER FCKER" I try not to but it keeps heckling me.
My Vrod talks to me too...phew, I thought I was just going freakin nuts :D

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
I imagine we are not the only ones either, too bad you live way out in CA. we could meet for a beer and let our bikes talk about what sissies we are lol

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
CTMorgan111 said:
I imagine we are not the only ones either, too bad you live way out in CA. we could meet for a beer and let our bikes talk about what sissies we are lol
Our bikes would probably conspire against us.... :rofl:

Actually I swing out your way from time to time. My company has a factory near Youngstown. Was out there last Feb and there was this weird white stuff all over the ground :D

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
I get 150 city, bit more hwy only

·
Banned
405 Posts
peer pressure is a m-f'er eh guys?

Damn bike is always calling me names and the like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wen 130 mi yestday and hade one gal in the tank and i have the same thing she like to go fast :nos :nos thank all 4 posting
ride safe all 130cc:biker:

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Did 190 yesterday (with the 3 gallon aux tank). Still had 1.1 gallons left.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
usualy top up at about 120 miles. almost 1000 miles now. fuel economy is not good now, supose it will get worse when its run in, with 28 tooth belt, high flow air filter ect ect. my carbon footprint is getting bigger, i'm sure a tree hugger will plant one for me.:angeldev:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Based on my gauges I get about 25 miles on a 3.7 tank:) However if I ride at 55-60 mph on the backroads my tank will manufacture it's own gas and the gauge will start rising until I get at the 100 mi mark then it drops like a rock.
Of course I'm usually in the 75-80 mph range so I guess it's all my fault:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts