Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has one? I would love to see pictures.....

Thanks!:D

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I only know of 2 or 3. I remember one of my factory buddies told me that about 80% of the 07R's went overseas!!!

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
I frequently browse eBay for R stuff, and I have yet to see an '07 for sale on there.

Back when I was looking for an R (and wanted a blue/black '07) in March there were only like three out there via a dealer search (and not the colors I wanted). I considered ordering one but then I found my '06 cheap and the rest is history.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I love the blacked out forks, clamshell, calipers, fender brackets...
07's rock. (I still like my 06 too :D )

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a dealer do a search and he found 4 '07 R's at one dealer. 2 Pewter Denim, 1 Pacific Blue, and 1 Black...... I can't see anyone on a Pacific Blue, just a little bit to "Soft".:bolt ..

If you had a choice Pewter or Black........:driving:

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I have a Mirage Orange '07. The only black one left in California was swooped on before I had the cash in hand so I wound up with an orange one. The dealer print out of Street Rods in CA was two pages long so not all the '07's went abroad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got one!

Pewter Denim. I'll post a picture just as soon as I get the silver-grey corbin pillion on, to match the silver-grey corbin seat (I ordered them 3 weeks apart due to a slight misunderstanding on my part :banghead:). Beautiful looking bike, no question. There are quite a few still available in the states, if the count at my local dealership(s) is any guide (San Jose HD in CA has 2, 3 before I bought mine).

·
V-RodPat
216 Posts
I suppose mine is '07, honestly dunno.

Here are two pics.

I hope to get a Trask Turbo as soon as funds permit. I like the look of it. There is little I would change visually. Really the only problem is the weight, 300 kilos or thereabouts. The length is not helpful for u-turning, but who cares?

Attachments

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you got an '06.
On the left side of the bike on the frame rail is a sticker with a build date (like 05/05 = May 2005). The /05 & /06 tend to be titled as 2006 models while the /07 really are the 2007 model.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 07's have the black forks, clamshell, bars, etc...

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts

·
V-RodPat
216 Posts
Thanks. It is a fine colour I think myself. There was actually an 07 R in the nearest dealership, come to think of it, or it certainly looked like one. It is strange that no mid peg VRSC is to be sold in Europe now that the Nightrod is gone from the local market and the R is gone totally.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Strange indeed! I thought the Street Rod was built in response to Harley's European dealer network. It certainly makes more sense for European riding conditions than any other V-Rod model. No mid peg VRSCD either? Not available or just sold out for now?

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
gtrman66 said:
The deep cobalt pearl looks magnificent!!!! I want to see one in person.
That's the one I wanted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
07 Mirage Orange/Black. People seem to like this combination. Traditional Harley colors. LOTS of compliments.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Mine is the pearl blue--see gallery.

If you are not sure what model year your bike is, just look at the serial number. There will be the letter "k" within the number. The number just before the "K" will tell you what year. Mine reads ####06K#### meaning its a 2006.

Somewhere in the front of the service manual it tells you what the numbers mean in the serial number.

ifly--I really like the color of your bike. Wanted to see more pics, but there are none in your gallery.

·
V-RodPat
216 Posts
Philthy said:
Strange indeed! I thought the Street Rod was built in response to Harley's European dealer network. It certainly makes more sense for European riding conditions than any other V-Rod model. No mid peg VRSCD either? Not available or just sold out for now?
I was told the VRSCD Nightrod - which is close enough to the R except lower with the mid peg - is not being sold anymore in Europe. Now that must be wrong - maybe I misheard but I don't think so. It does not make sense. I would not have bought a V-Rod if a mid pegged model was not available. I had a VN 800 and it really did not suit me. The Nightrod in the dealership had a much better seat than mine, perhaps the 07 Rs have that. Whatever else a better seat is a necessity. It gets unpleasant sitting on it after a while.

·
Banned
837 Posts
IMHO the '07 is a better looking bike. If Harley had blacked out the '06's instead of making easteregg yellow and orange bikes, the Street Rod might still be with us.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts