Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm trying to troubleshoot a rattle that appeared yesterday under this part (see attached picture) but I have no idea how it is called or what is going on under there...

Anybody could tell me how this is called and any other info on my problem so I can at least have to key word to search on?

Thx!

Attachments

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tapia

Ok I'm feeling a little stupid here but I will ask anyways... I take it there would a horn under the horn cover?:hidesbeh:

They already replaced my horn under warranty (it died around 1k)... Myabe it's going again.

Just a bit perplex on how the horn could produce the rattle I hear. Unless that horn cover was bent (pushed in) and now makes contact with the horn, and the bike's vibration does the rest?

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
The bushings/mounts for the horns are notorious for degrading to the point that the horns comes loose and rattles. I've gone through two of them in as many years.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Have you checked the bolt and nut that holds the cover to the frame? and then there the nut that holds horn in there. Ah just take it off.

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cover is solidely attached... so it must be the horn that is loose and rattles... Must be simple enough, i'll remove the cover and take care of business!

I'm mostly relieved to know it's nothing that can hurt the engine.. Was worried on the way back yesterday when it started

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will do... thx Cheatin!

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Irréductible said:
Hi I'm trying to troubleshoot a rattle
That must be the rattle I keep hearing every now and again. Keep it down will ya! :)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
My horn cover bracket cracked after about 3 years, never have gotten a new one. Rattled like hell when it did.

·
Scott
492 Posts

·
Scott
492 Posts
Irréductible said:
Thanks Tapia

Ok I'm feeling a little stupid here but I will ask anyways... I take it there would a horn under the horn cover?:hidesbeh:

They already replaced my horn under warranty (it died around 1k)... Myabe it's going again.

Just a bit perplex on how the horn could produce the rattle I hear. Unless that horn cover was bent (pushed in) and now makes contact with the horn, and the bike's vibration does the rest?
Honest to god Irr...I didn't know that was the horn either until I saw the horn mod here at v-rodforums.com!!!

You're going to find this web site to be an extremely helpful resource!!!

Also, checkout the green light on the home page some time!!!

Good Luck!!

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts