Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new rider, and eventually want to make my way up to a vrod.

Just curious, how do you guys find driving in the GTA area?

Do you feel safe in general? Or are there allot of distracted drivers out there texting etc. that you really have to be on your toes? (more then say 10 years ago)

Also, why is it that sport bikers are seen wearing more gear that cruisers in general? The risk is equal regardless of the bike wouldn't you say?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm a new rider myself and am looking to work my way up to a vrod too :)

Watching other drivers in the GTA scares me. I constantly see people on their phones, looking down at their lap. This isn't only done at a stop, but while they drive! I am constantly on my toes, even while in a car. It seems the new laws aren't deterring much, I just hope police prosecute such careless behaviour to the full extent. People need to understand that its not just their safety, but others on the road as well that is at risk.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Doesn`t matter what your ride.Be very attentive to your surroundings.TO is the same as any other city for safety .

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
The GTA is a very unsafe place to ride. Be extremely careful and ride defensively. I used to ride in the city a lot and what really helped me was having a loud exhaust, people hear you, especially in the city. Places like Brampton, Markham, are death zones.

As for working your way up to a v rod, you don't have to, I was 24 and that was my first bike, very easy to ride.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ride like you and the bike are invisible and silent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Riding in big cities

The best place to ride in big cities is out of town as fast as you can safely get there. If you're trying to learn your way around the city, first light on Sunday mornings is the safest time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts