Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just want you all to know it is horrible here. 21 to 23 degrees and sunny every day. It has rained one night, and I spent it in a bar called "the dogs bollocks." Also I may have found a rugby league, and a group of guys from this forum in my area have offer to help me with my bike and go ride.

The reason it is so horrible over here is the beer is really like water, girls are no longer approaching from across the bar to ask me about my accent, and my bike is somewhere on a boat in the Atlantic.

Off for a run since it is my only means of travel till next month.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
How is it going over there?
Hi Cas - as you can see its as hectic as ever over here in the UK section . I can't keep up with all the constant updates as to who is doing what , what mods they're planning , where they're all planning trips to etc etc.
You want to be careful with that , its really dangerous. As Johnny Vegas said "I watched the London Marathon last year and half of them finished in wheelchairs...."

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Hope you get sun burned.

I just checked the weather for AR, same temps as you (I've friends living there)

To try & make you feel cold, it's going to be -3C at night for the next week and the possibility of snow.

You right about the crappy beers, all those "light" beer are tasteless. I got hooked on Amber Boch, have you tried that yet?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ok how do i get there ? how do i stay ? and what would i have to do to stay there ?

rode bike today back from dealers and it was freezing ! could not feel my hands !

pretty fed up myself , hate the bloody winter , i need to find a way to live in sunnier climes !

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Glad to here that you are settling back in.

For all the UK guys......

There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing

:hidesbeh:

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
So I just want you all to know it is horrible here. 21 to 23 degrees and sunny every day. It has rained one night, and I spent it in a bar called "the dogs bollocks." Also I may have found a rugby league, and a group of guys from this forum in my area have offer to help me with my bike and go ride.

The reason it is so horrible over here is the beer is really like water, girls are no longer approaching from across the bar to ask me about my accent, and my bike is somewhere on a boat in the Atlantic.

By your (this) post I assume that you went to the UK and you shipped your bike there ?
I am thinking of taking a real good offer in aberdeen UK for 2 years and am trying to find some pricing on shipping my bike there. Any help would be appreciated. Also, from you UK people. Do any of you know what I might run into bringing in my bike ? this is in the way of taxes or licensing issues. Remember I will be there on a 2 year work visa so I am not sure if that helps me or hurts me any on bringing in the bike.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
By your (this) post I assume that you went to the UK and you shipped your bike there ?
I am thinking of taking a real good offer in aberdeen UK for 2 years and am trying to find some pricing on shipping my bike there. Any help would be appreciated. Also, from you UK people. Do any of you know what I might run into bringing in my bike ? this is in the way of taxes or licensing issues. Remember I will be there on a 2 year work visa so I am not sure if that helps me or hurts me any on bringing in the bike.
Off the top of my head you might need to sort out the headlight beam aim (although a bit of tape will suffice) to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers as you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.
Turn signals must be orange and cannot be used as running lights.
It will be a lot of hassle though:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motorin...icle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_4022583
"Cars, motorcycles and light goods vehicles first registered in a country outside of the European Union must pass the IVA, SVA or MSVA, as appropriate"

You'd be better off buying a bike here already registered.

Also bear in mind that outside of the major cities Scotland is an uninhabitable desolate wasteland and it rains 364 days a year :hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
(Also bear in mind that outside of the major cities Scotland is an uninhabitable desolate wasteland and it rains 364 days a year)
Hey steve I'm from Scotland and you do our country an injustice,it only rains 363 days so dont exaggerate.But on a serious note,the west coast of Scotland has some amazing scenery and great biking roads (unfortunately Aberdeen is on the east coast).

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
(Also bear in mind that outside of the major cities Scotland is an uninhabitable desolate wasteland and it rains 364 days a year)
Hey steve I'm from Scotland and you do our country an injustice,it only rains 363 days so dont exaggerate.But on a serious note,the west coast of Scotland has some amazing scenery and great biking roads (unfortunately Aberdeen is on the east coast).
Heh - I thought of you as I typed that so I prepared this witty reply

·
Registered
41 Posts
Off the top of my head you might need to sort out the headlight beam aim (although a bit of tape will suffice) to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers as you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.
Turn signals must be orange and cannot be used as running lights.
It will be a lot of hassle though:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motorin...icle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_4022583
"Cars, motorcycles and light goods vehicles first registered in a country outside of the European Union must pass the IVA, SVA or MSVA, as appropriate"

You'd be better off buying a bike here already registered.

Also bear in mind that outside of the major cities Scotland is an uninhabitable desolate wasteland and it rains 364 days a year :hidesbeh:
Hi - FWIW-I bought an American spec DX(personal import) last March,& had to have an SVA.......turns out it was a doddle.....had to cut the wires for the 'running lights' in front indicators,& fit an appropriate headlamp (for driving on the right) - that was it !!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Heh - I thought of you as I typed that so I prepared this witty reply
There is a reason for this Steve,I came down here with mel gibson and his bravehearts to Kick some english arse,unfortunately my sat nav was playing up and I ended up here.:kiss:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts