Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man me and my wife were riding and i seen this sport bike that was all naked, but not on purpose I don't think. but he was all showing off weaving all over the lane and revving. Now from what I have heard sportbikes are faster than v rods. Hearing that I figured what the hell so I down shifted and flew past him giving him a taste stoppted at a light on a hill and I thought damn that's it for me cause me and my wife aren't small, but he just sped up slowly I went up beside him we were both in second gear and I was trying :stilpoke: to get him to go. Finally he took off , when I hit third I blew past him ohhhh it was such a rush first time since I got the bike. In almost 2000 miles ,I am starting to think people are really respecting v-rods:dance:
 

·
myvrodrocks
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
Yea...sounds about right. That is pretty fun huh...

But I'm telling you at 120 he would have blown by you like you were standing still...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
myvrodrocks said:
Yea...sounds about right. That is pretty fun huh...

But I'm telling you at 120 he would have blown by you like you were standing still...
:them:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
naterod said:
Man me and my wife were riding and i seen this sport bike that was all naked, but not on purpose I don't think. but he was all showing off weaving all over the lane and revving. Now from what I have heard sportbikes are faster than v rods. Hearing that I figured what the hell so I down shifted and flew past him giving him a taste stoppted at a light on a hill and I thought damn that's it for me cause me and my wife aren't small, but he just sped up slowly I went up beside him we were both in second gear and I was trying :stilpoke: to get him to go. Finally he took off , when I hit third I blew past him ohhhh it was such a rush first time since I got the bike. In almost 2000 miles ,I am starting to think people are really respecting v-rods:dance:
Take it from a guys who owns a VRod and a CBR600 (2004)... The CBR will BLOW the ROD away after about 200 feet. Once the CBR hits 9k RPMs its like a rocketship... The ROD is great down low.. but dies out pretty fast... All you have to do is look up the specs in Motorcyle Magazine... The CBR will do the 1/4 mile in the low 10s and the ROD will do it in the high 11s... That is a huge seat of the pants difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what I thought but I just could not get over how awsome that was even my wife who was screaming the whole time got all tingly thanks guys
 

·
myvrodrocks
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
The point is...you really made that guy think. *WTF was that, a guy on a Harley and his wife?!? Where did that come from*

his story will be man you guys.. those Vrods are pretty badass....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
A CBR 600 will spank a stock VRod bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
A vrod will hang with a 600 on the street, its the 750's and up you don't stand a chance against. As far as a CBR600 running low 10's I don't think so, not stock anyway that is 1000 territory. I run at my local track quite a bit and I have never seen a 600 run low 10's, thats what my street strip malibu runs and I make short work of 600 sport bikes on the street.
 

·
Thread Killer
Joined
·
4,567 Posts
The day that I raced at the track, the only bikes I ran were 600's. There was a CBR600 and a Kawi ZX6R. I ran 11.6 and they were in the 11.1-11.4 range. I killed em off the line, but they ran me down in the last 200 feet or so. My 1/8 times were faster than theirs, but they had me in MPH at the end of the 1/4 by about 6-7 mph!!!
 

·
Burn Baby Burn!!
Joined
·
700 Posts
The reason I see that they start off a little slower is the fact that they will end up on their backs if they twist it hard. If they didn' t wheelie so easy they would smash us in the 1/8 also. We definetly have an advantage on the line being able to launch with little front air. My 2 cents anyhow.
 

·
I'm 'avin hoops
Joined
·
695 Posts
My old R6 would tear your arms off with the slightest twist of the wrist. Apart from the front wheel going light in every gear it was ridiculously fast..... Against a V-Rod....?

Who knows....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
KMC031130 said:
A vrod will hang with a 600 on the street, its the 750's and up you don't stand a chance against. As far as a CBR600 running low 10's I don't think so, not stock anyway that is 1000 territory. I run at my local track quite a bit and I have never seen a 600 run low 10's, thats what my street strip malibu runs and I make short work of 600 sport bikes on the street.
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/index4.html

Take a look at an 05 600 RR Anything less then .5 is low 10s... I own this bike and I can tell you stock 600RR and Stock Rod... The 600 will DESTROY the VROD after a few hundred feet..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
mikelebron said:
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/index4.html

Take a look at an 05 600 RR Anything less then .5 is low 10s... I own this bike and I can tell you stock 600RR and Stock Rod... The 600 will DESTROY the VROD after a few hundred feet..
:them:

I have had a CBR 600 rr... and have to agree... Once it starts to rev .. forget it...

So many of these guys with sports bikes cant even ride them fast in a straight line.. :chair:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
mikelebron said:
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/index4.html

Take a look at an 05 600 RR Anything less then .5 is low 10s... I own this bike and I can tell you stock 600RR and Stock Rod... The 600 will DESTROY the VROD after a few hundred feet..
I agree its a fast bike,and in no way am I saying the vrod would beat it, but like I said on the street, light to light it would be able to hang. Also a 10.49 is pushing it as a low 10. Thats with a pro rider and with good conditions I'm sure. In the hands of a normal rider your still talkin 10.8-11.3.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
Seems like every few months there is a thread about how someone smoked a CRB with a stock Vrod. The VRCA with SE pipes and topless will produce around 110 hp with a good tune. A 185 lb rider results in an 11.7 in the quarter. The stock exhaust on the R was modified and produces another 5 hp so you can shave a tenth or two off the time. If memory serves me the best Stock R time is Smoking Joe at 11.36. If I remember right he had changed out the wheels, running struts and changed the gear ration.

So if you had our best R rider (Smoking Joe) up against a CBR with riders of equal weight. Then the difference would reaction time and rider abilities. But this thread started out with a stock Vrod, with two people on it beating a CBR.

Remember most crotch rocket drivers are not into the ¼ mile thing. They like fast cornering and pulling wheelies. If they run their bikes on the strip a few times and start paying attention to the time slips they will keep the wheel down and eat your lunch on a stocker.

The Vrod is a curser and not a crotch rocket. The CBR weight about 200 lbs less at 125 hp. If you want to take on CBR’s buy a Trask Turbo and get your bike into the 10’s.
 

·
Chief
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Vrod Vs Cbr

I ride with a buddy who has a CBR600F4i and He keeps right with me. I know he has more in the throttle. I'm sure he could take me if he wanted to.
 

·
Army spark jockey
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
258C1 said:
I ride with a buddy who has a CBR600F4i and He keeps right with me. I know he has more in the throttle. I'm sure he could take me if he wanted to.
and knowing that is half the battle
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top