Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the tender? I have to crank mine and let it run like every 3 days. What's pulling it down- alarm? If so, is there an easy way to disable? I have a garage and work for govt so I know it's pretty safe where I park.

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
you can pull the maxi fuse, or disconnect the battery all together.
there will be drain, but not as much.

·
Heath
389 Posts
Arming the alarm does use a little power, but it shouldn't drain that fast. Your battery may be going bad so have it tested.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hamletexpress said:
Drive it daily!
I knew someone would say that. Since I have two bikes, I ride them both with some days more on one than the other.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kamots881 said:
you can pull the maxi fuse, or disconnect the battery all together.
there will be drain, but not as much.
I'm going to wire the tender harness this week and just leave it connected. I'm waiting on the Sundowner seat and black levers, so will do it all at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
myneed4speed said:
trbo...what side of manassas are you on?
I'm on 28/619 (Linton Hall) in Saybrooke.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
You can set the maximum amount of days for the alarm to be active ,after that the alarm goes in som kind of sleep mode (somwhere in manual),maybe you can set it at 1 day or so

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ANNIEZZ said:
You can set the maximum amount of days for the alarm to be active ,after that the alarm goes in som kind of sleep mode (somwhere in manual),maybe you can set it at 1 day or so
Thanks. Would help if I read the manual right? I have the 2007 Service Manual
too (if anyone ever needs me to look up anything).

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
myneed4speed said:
I am on the otherside over near 234 and 66. Good to meet you. Stop by Whitt's and say hi. I work in parts.
Thanks. Will do. I'll swing by there in a day or so (waiting on black levers to come in).

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
trbo2nr said:
Thanks. Would help if I read the manual right?..............
Nah,then i would have sayd 'RTFM' (read-the-F...ing-manual):D
Just don't know whats the minimum amount of days and difference in newer models.
The tender is the best solution....prolongs battery life....

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ANNIEZZ said:
Didn't see it in the manual so let me search the forum. That will help me out until I go get the harness and connect it to the tender.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
found it : minimum is 30 days (30/60/90/infinite) factory setting (default) 60
requires a procedure whit turn signal switches.

·
Cruzin the Dark Side
320 Posts
Instead of these temporary bandaids.... why not find the problem - and there is a problem. I've let mine sit for over 30 days without starting and with the system armed- and when I did try to start it - it fired up immediately. You have a bad battery or an excessive drain somewhere.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I had to go to GA for 3 months over the summer and forgot to disconnect my battery. It sat in my garage all of June-July and August, where the temps here in AZ avg 105*, so Im guessing it was closer to 115* in the garage.

When I got home, it fired up right away!

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
The tender is the trick. The best $20.00 I ever spent.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts