Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2nd hand vrscdx with supertrapp fatshots, but no visible tuner. It is running all 12 discs.

Is there any way to tell if sert has been used?

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
Well, if you have a SERT or Supertuner you can read the part number for the program that is currently loaded. However, if the tuner used a SERT and started with the stock map and did not change the part number it would still appear the same as stock.

Bottom line, if you don't get the SERT file and Dongle with the bike, it is just like not having one since you would have to start all over with a new tuner dongle and map.

You can't read out the actual map from your bike, only the part number of the file loaded.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
the digital tech will tell you if it has been race tuned. of course that costs money at the dealership to have it checked on the digital tech.. but if you don`t have the race tuner interface you can`t change the tune up anyways..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the bike for a ride today
Power felt okay, but popped on decel, so I am thinking it hasn't been tuned

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, the plot continues
I called the HD dealership that sold the bike new to enquire about the service history,
They said they installed the supertrapp, air cleaner and tuner on the bike.
I got hold of the first owner to ask if he has the race tuner interface, and he said the dealership refused to install the pipes they sold him as they were not HD.
He said he got them installed elsewhere and never bought the tuner, yet the dealer is positive he did.
I am confused.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts