Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how to remove the seat?

I bought my 2003 V-Rod about a year ago...it came with a Sundowner seat on it. I recently purchased the 100th Anniversary seat to put on it since everything on the bike has the 100th Anniversary logo. I tried looking up the instructions for the installation of a Sundowner on the Harley-Davidson website thinking that might tell you, but they tell you to follow the instructions on how to remove the stock seat on your service manual...I looked but couldn't find anything to do with the seat.

If anyone can let me know how to remove and install the seat, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

-Derek

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Open the seat and look at the hinge. feel along the hinge and you will find a split tube pressed on the hinge pin. Ease the tube off and slide the hinge apart. Reverse for install.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Open the seat and look at the hinge. feel along the hinge and you will find a split tube pressed on the hinge pin. Ease the tube off and slide the hinge apart. Reverse for install.
:them:

split tube is made of plastic it will break so be careful when pushing it off.

You will move the set to slide on the pins and it will come off.

Tether will come out from the frame with some tlc...lol

good luck

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Kinda hard to see, but once you do it, it is a snap. Joe

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
In 04 took my 03 in for service @ Hd. Caught the tech trying to beat my seat off with a hammer... had to show him how to remove the seat. It wasn't funny then but it is now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts