Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V-Mod just sent me a fedex tracking number... ordered last night Monday evening, delivery this thursday... now that's customer service!!! :) Thanks V-Mod :)

Okay, so how do I remove my stock mirrors to install the new ones? Do you simply rotate the mirror bar counter clockwise? Or do I have to loosen the bolt underneath the bar that holds the front turn signal in place?

These are the mirrors I ordered for my denim DX:

Are these sick or what? :)

Now for the rear turn signal integrator:

I'm sure the directions will be easy enough to follow, I've used trailer turn signal integrators on my bikes in past....

The only question I have is how to remove the rear seat and then the rear fender to make this rear tail light/turn signal integration process easier.... how do you remove the fender and subsequently the dog's ass?

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
the mirrors are a 5 minute job.. there will be instructions.. its really simple.. seriously

as for the light.. no clue.. havent done mine yet

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW,

Once I'm done with my mods (other than the Boss Noss).... ALL of my stock DX parts will be for sale:

1) Stock DX exhausts (not modified or drilled)
2) Stock DX mirrors (flat black)
3) Stock DX dog's ass and rear blinkers
4) Stock DX rear brake light housing

I have no idea what these parts are worth, but hey, even a hundred bucks gets me closer to the Boss Noss!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Mark, I have the same mirrors and taillight. Mirrors are nothing, you'll see if ya look them over closely. The rear tail (Platypus) section has to be removed to do the taillight and of course the rear seat. Not really that hard, just take your time. If I remember correctly there are 6 bolts holding the tailsection on. It seemed it was almost harder to get it back on but not really that hard any of it. Just take your time and check everything twice, don't force nothing.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Rear seat has 2 bolts, one is the seat latch bolt. After you get them off you have to fish that little cable that keeps the seat from opening all the way out through the hole in that plastic on the front of the rear seat. Then the seat should slide off towards the back of the bike & up (i think, if not it slides forward & up). Not hard dude.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
Shouldn't have to remove anything for the new taillight (is that a Clear Alternatives) other than the old taillight. You will have to splice in the turn signal wires though. Very easy if it comes with instructions as mine did.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also... if anybody wants the above stock parts, I'd also be willing to trade for a case of ammo... what you got? I've got 17 calibers in various weapons...

.17HMR
.22LR
.380 Auto
.38 Special
5.7x28 (FN)
5.56x45 (.223)
9mm luger
.45 ACP
.45 Colt
50AE
7.62x39
7.62x51 (.308)
30-06
8mm Mauser
50BMG
.38 Special
.357 Magnum

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahahaha... some of my pride an joy include a 9mm and .223 suppressor, M11 fully automatic pistol, 50 BMG rifle, Desert Eagle in 50AE, FN Herstal's PS90, FS200, and 5-n-7 pistol, I've ost track of how may AR15's and AK47's I have... the wife has no idea how many weapons I have... "No honey, its not a new gun, I just swapped out upper receivers between these two!" Hahahaha..

I've got about 50 weapons and over a quarter million rounds of cumulative ammo in my vault...

When the SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, I'm ready... when the dirty bomb goes off in Atlanta, we'll have a million people coming up I-75 to my neck of the woods... I'm not waiting for Uncle Sugar to feed me, nor protect me... I've got a fortress on 5 acres atop an elevated view... come to close to the gate and I'm taking you out at 300 yards... but with the 50, I can take you out at 1400 yards and I've got the scope to do it to!

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Also... if anybody wants the above stock parts, I'd also be willing to trade for a case of ammo... what you got? I've got 17 calibers in various weapons...

.17HMR
.22LR
.380 Auto
.38 Special
5.7x28 (FN)
5.56x45 (.223)
9mm luger
.45 ACP
.45 Colt
50AE
7.62x39
7.62x51 (.308)
30-06
8mm Mauser
50BMG
.38 Special
.357 Magnum
My father who just passed was a gun dealer specializing in WWII-Korean war weapons. I am in the process of categorizing the inventory, but I know he has a TON of 30-06 & 45 ammo, as those were his favorites. I counted over 100 ammo boxes in the garage against one wall and probably haven't uncovered everything yet. I will be liquidating the ammo and small stuff first so keep in touch.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Okay, so how do I remove my stock mirrors to install the new ones? Do you simply rotate the mirror bar counter clockwise? Or do I have to loosen the bolt underneath the bar that holds the front turn signal in place?
Yes, the turn signal mount IS the mirror stem nut: you will have to loosen it to remove the mirrors.

Mark Ducati said:
The only question I have is how to remove the rear seat and then the rear fender to make this rear tail light/turn signal integration process easier.... how do you remove the fender and subsequently the dog's ass?
As stated, the pillion (rear seat) comes off w/ two fasteners: the seat pin and a smaller nut and washer on the left side. Tip: when reinstalling the seat pin, do not overtighten, it is aluminum and will strip easily or break of the tacked bolt (don't ask how I know). The pillion slides up and forward (there is a plastic post/slot at the rear). The fender is held on by six bolts (I believe) that are accessible once the pillion is removed.

·
fire up !
700 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
I've got a fortress on 5 acres atop an elevated view... come to close to the gate and I'm taking you out at 300 yards... but with the 50, I can take you out at 1400 yards and I've got the scope to do it to!
when i'm ever in your neighbourhood, i'll make sure to call first...:hiding:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Dude, when the dirty bombs start going off, do ya need any help loading your weapons, I volunteer! I do believe we'll see some nasty terrorist acts in the future when we pull out and stop keeping them busy over there. IMHO I'm of the notion that many will long for the days that our military was fighting those a$$holes over there instead of over here.

·
French V-Rod addict
68 Posts
:them:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
When the SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, I'm ready... when the dirty bomb goes off in Atlanta, we'll have a million people coming up I-75 to my neck of the woods... I'm not waiting for Uncle Sugar to feed me, nor protect me... I've got a fortress on 5 acres atop an elevated view... come to close to the gate and I'm taking you out at 300 yards... but with the 50, I can take you out at 1400 yards and I've got the scope to do it to![/QUOTE

Wow...If the bomb does go off and there is some form of 'normal' life going on, I hate it for your mailman, milk man, paper guy, garbage men, etc...

I have this mental image of you sitting on your front porch in coveralls, DX in the drive, chewing on a stem of straw with a gun across your lap just looking down your driveway waiting for some poor fool to try to sell you some girl scout cookies or something.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
If your gonna install the taillight when you take the fender off just remember when you put the fender back on make sure all wires are tucked up above or to the side of the light cuz you'll break off the little tabs that hold the light in. trust me, I did it!!! It might be best to install the light after you put the fender back on, it just snaps in place but make darn sure the wires are not in the way, those tabs break super easy :thumb: and to take the light off with the fender on you take a screw driver below the fender and push up on the little clip under the light and it will pop out. (if you have a maintance book it's all in there)

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
When the SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, I'm ready... when the dirty bomb goes off in Atlanta, we'll have a million people coming up I-75 to my neck of the woods... I'm not waiting for Uncle Sugar to feed me, nor protect me... I've got a fortress on 5 acres atop an elevated view... come to close to the gate and I'm taking you out at 300 yards... but with the 50, I can take you out at 1400 yards and I've got the scope to do it to!

Gee i hope i am next to the dirty bomb so i don't have to live with the after affect of the radiation

1 - 19 of 19 Posts