Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having problems with my bike. I think the fuel injectors need replacing because the throttle body is getting no fuel. I can prime it by pouring fuel into the throttle body and it will start. The fuel pump has been changed and does work. How do you remove the fuel injectors? Do you have to take the throttle body off?
thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I’m having problems with my bike. I think the fuel injectors need replacing because the throttle body is getting no fuel. I can prime it by pouring fuel into the throttle body and it will start. The fuel pump has been changed and does work. How do you remove the fuel injectors? Do you have to take the throttle body off?
thanks for any help
Have you checked system relay and supply voltages?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Have you checked the actual fuel pressure with a gauge?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I haven’t checked the fuel pressure. I’ll go ahead and try that next. I guess the reason I suspect the injectors is because the bike sat for almost two years. I emptied out the tank which showed signs of varnish from fuel degradation. I replaced the fuel pump and filter which were bad. I turn the key and do hear the pump kick in, and I know fuel is being sent through the lines, it just doesn’t want to come out of the injectors to the engine. I’ll get a gauge and check it and report back. Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
The fuel injectors are in the fuel rail which is below the throttle body and yes you will need to remove the throttle body to get at them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Careful with the injector lock clips when you get that far. They like to fly across the garage earning yet another "Jesus Clip" title amongst circlips/etc on other parts of the bike. Also...FUN FACT: You can't just buy these clips, you have to buy an entire injector connector assembly. Good thing I didn't buy one only to find the damn clip embedded in some techflex'd wiring when I was cussing at the ceiling around 2 AM one night....that would be embarassing!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a set of used injectors that came off my '15 F model I'll let go fairly cheap. They worked well last season. Message me if interested.
John

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have used this guy for years cleaning the injectors, no need to replace Mr Injector

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with sandbagger. did you replace the pressure regulator? that can get gummed up and prevent fuel from reaching the injectors as well. my 2003 I inherited sat for 17 years, only had 1 mile on it. had to go through the entire fuel system.

also, stuff clean rags in the intake while dissassembling to prevent anything from going into the motor.

I was able to pull my intake with the injectors attached,did not see another way. replace the o-rings while your there. Autozone had the correct ones in a universal pack.

·
Registered Useless
590 Posts
Did you get it running? What was it? I ran into the exact same problem with an '04 that hasn't run in years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced the fuel pump, filter, pressure regulator, cleaned injectors and replaced the o-rings for the injectors.
Once I had replaced all the in tank items I was not getting fuel past the pressure regulator. After replacing that it fired up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you decide you need fuel pump (comes with pressure regulator) and filter I can send you the info.

fuel pump factory had a direct replacement for $89

napa has a filter that worked for $19.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts