Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cranky Frank
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read my posts you can see that this is my first HD. I've always owned sportbikes. This bike is friggin killing me! :mad:

I've got nearly $800 in replacing the stock seat to something more comfortable and functional. Sundowner Rider and Pillion, Base Plate, Sissy bar, luggage rack and F**king Pad).

So, When I got all the stuff in today, I realize that I STILL need to spend another $75 for the Fooocking pad that attaches to the sissy bar! DAMN IT! :soapbox: :banghead:

WTF! $800 for a damn seat that should have been on the bike to start with.

Plus I spent nearly a year and a half training for and deploying to Iraq which wiped out my warranty two weeks before I got home!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this bike. It is badass! but DAMN! F**K HD and their ridiculous prices, :soapbox:

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
If you read my posts you can see that this is my first HD. I've always owned sportbikes. This bike is friggin killing me! :mad:

I've got nearly $800 in replacing the stock seat to something more comfortable and functional. Sundowner Rider and Pillion, Base Plate, Sissy bar, luggage rack and F**king Pad).

So, When I got all the stuff in today, I realize that I STILL need to spend another $75 for the Fooocking pad that attaches to the sissy bar! DAMN IT! :soapbox: :banghead:

Plus I spent nearly a year and a half training for and deploying to Iraq which wiped out my warranty two weeks before I got home!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this bike. It is badass! but DAMN! F**K HD and their ridiculous prices, :soapbox:
I'm sure that I speak for nearly everyone here, we appreciate you and your sacrifice to the country. :notworth:

·
Cranky Frank
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a couple of articles saying that HD extended their warranty for deployed military for the number of days deployed. I am going to check in to this. That would make me very happy!

·
Pure Hooliganism
686 Posts
COZWV - Thank you for your service to our country! I hope HD extends your warranty for you. I know the aftermarket stuff is very spendy if you buy it new. Try the classifieds here or the "wanted" section here. Many times others will help you out with the extra stuff they have tried and moved on from. As far as the stock seats go - I do not understand why NO ONE makes a comfortable seat to start with. My son could go 50 miles max on his stock GSXR 1000 seat before he was hating it. One custom aftermarket seat later, he can do 400 plus mile days in comfort. A friend of mine just boaught a new Goldwing. Says the seat sucks cause he is used to a custom seat. 20K for a bike and he is going in to throw down another 2K for the seat that should have been onn it to begin with. So it is not just HD. Anyway, try the forum here for your upgrades first and see what happens! Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

I think there is an 8 year old posting from me on some forum out there saying the exact same thing.

The more things change...

Good luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
COZWV glad you made it home safe! You need to stay on this site and watch the classified adds! Lots of HD goodies at good prices!

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
I was in the same boat as you when I bought my Vrod, came from sportbikes. Mainly European sportbikes (Ducati, Aprilia, Triumph, BMW) not so much Asian bikes, so I was pretty much used to high prices of parts, but it really surprised me not really how much parts cost, but how "much" parts there are for these bikes, if you have a standard Vrod and not a Screamin Eagle or DX you can spend a fortune on chrome or matte black depending on which way you go. I know my fortunes now gone.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
WOW! $800 for a motorcycle seat.Does it blow you at command?

Where the hell am I at when people decide they want seats for $800,exhaust tips for $300,and chrome work for triple the going rate?
I could only imagine what you'd be willing to pay for a wide wheel install,or an internal engine modification.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
WOW! $800 for a motorcycle seat.Does it blow you at command?

Where the hell am I at when people decide they want seats for $800,exhaust tips for $300,and chrome work for triple the going rate?
I could only imagine what you'd be willing to pay for a wide wheel install,or an internal engine modification.

LOL! No sheeeet! I think a little "looking around" would have served him well here.
Coming off sportbikes I would think the V is a fockin' limo to this guy. Talk about shitty minimal seats (and no fix), discomfort and a fockin' backache, neck-ache and leg cramps! And there ain't NO FIX for them, at least the V has options.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I think it is hard to make a seat that suits everyone. I've got a fancy seat for cosmetic reasons, but when I want to be comfy over long distances I put the stock seat back on. It is perfect for me. Likewise my KTM990 and Triumph 955, both of which I rode over from England (1,500 miles) with no seat comfort issues.

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
The stock VROD seat is just as much of a torture device as the seat on my old Honda CBR 954RR (that Fireblade for you Brits)

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The stock VROD seat is just as much of a torture device as the seat on my old Honda CBR 954RR (that Fireblade for you Brits)
I understand this,and have custom seats on both of mine.The custom seat on my 07 from Harley was only $130.On the 03,I bought a Badlander for $80 and custom cut the foam for my comfort.
$800 is a ridiculous price for a motorcycle seat.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Either find parts on here or I have found quite a bit on ebay. Rear pillion from a DX was $25, my Samson exhaust was used but I got it for $77, PCIII was new and got it for $250. Stuff is out there, you just have to keep looking.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts