Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have grown quite fond of the Arlen ness bastitinni (or what ever the hell they're called) grips with the holes in them. I have a couple of questions about them. 1. Are they uncomfortable to your hands? Also It says you must cut the ends off of the bars for installation or move your controls out. I don't want to cut my bars (because what if I decide to change back to an HD grip and lose an inch or so on the bars) and that leaves me with moving the controls out the 1 inch required. 2. Will the bars show scuffs from where they have sit for so along and will the additional inch of reach be that noticeable. I really like the grips (except the price), but I don't want to be stuck with them (because of the price) if they are really hard on the hands or I don't like cutting my bars or moving the controls. Anyone have 'em that can help me out, Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe i have the grips you are speaking of. they are very cool looking grips and i also have the matching pegs. If your looking for comfort these are not the grips you want. If i plan to take a long ride i wear gloves! but just around town their not to bad. I installed then without cutting my bars. I just move my controls. but you really need to use the bearing with the grips it makes the twist alot better. hope this helps!

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe i have the grips you are speaking of. they are very cool looking grips and i also have the matching pegs. If your looking for comfort these are not the grips you want. If i plan to take a long ride i wear gloves! but just around town their not to bad. I installed then without cutting my bars. I just move my controls. but you really need to use the bearing with the grips it makes the twist alot better. hope this helps!
It says they come with bearings that make turning the throttle even better. Are you saying you can leave them out or that you bought a set that came w/o or were made prior to the bearings. I try to wear gloves all the time anyway. One fall turning into a gravel drive taught me that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used the throttle bearing that came with the grips. If you dont use it the throttle grip is loose and will RATTLE and drag along the bars. not very good. But all in all I like the grips. I have the chrome ones and at one time i had black powder coated drag bars. It looked cool with the black showing through the holes of the grips.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
j dawg can you post a pic with your bars powdercoated , I was thinking of doing that .

to fatboy , I have those grips and love them , I dont find them uncomfortable . I can ride for 2 hrs no problem . I get a bit of tingleing in my right hand sometimes but that could be me . I use gloves if cool or a long ride .If you use the bearing you should get no scratching under the grips and I have the vrscx drag bars and I did not cut them at all .
hope this helps
assuming you mean these grips

Attachments

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I used the throttle bearing that came with the grips. If you dont use it the throttle grip is loose and will RATTLE and drag along the bars. not very good. But all in all I like the grips. I have the chrome ones and at one time i had black powder coated drag bars. It looked cool with the black showing through the holes of the grips.
I use these bearings too.They really make the throttle smooth.I adjust the left grip out instead of cutting the right bar end off.

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
j dawg can you post a pic with your bars powdercoated , I was thinking of doing that .

to fatboy , I have those grips and love them , I dont find them uncomfortable . I can ride for 2 hrs no problem . I get a bit of tingleing in my right hand sometimes but that could be me . I use gloves if cool or a long ride .If you use the bearing you should get no scratching under the grips and I have the vrscx drag bars and I did not cut them at all .
hope this helps
assuming you mean these grips
Thanks, those are exactly the style I want. I have found the whole set, pegs, grips and shifter peg for $264 shipped from a small shop called "Tejas Thump Cycles". I am going to post a thread asking if anyone has purchased from them. They are gonna look sweeeeet!:dance:

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i really do like them , lots of compiments and surprisingly comfee . i want to see black bars with them though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone now where you can buy these grips in Europe?
I can't find those anywhere. And ordering from US is quite expensive because of the shipping costs and taxes.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Does anyone now where you can buy these grips in Europe?
I can't find those anywhere. And ordering from US is quite expensive because of the shipping costs and taxes.
:vrodforu:
:cheers:

PM sent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts