Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have my owners manual with me. I need to get my bike into trailer mode. Anyone know how?

2010 model

Thanks

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Turn it to ignition, then acc, push both turn signals, thennflip to off and watch for 3 flashes of the turn signal indicators instead of the usual 2.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn it to ignition, then acc, push both turn signals, thennflip to off and watch for 3 flashes of the turn signal indicators instead of the usual 2.
Worked, Thanks.....:notworth:

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
What the heck is trailer mode?

·
Dean
775 Posts

·
Muscle A4 HOG
59 Posts
If you want to transport the bike, for example on a trailer, without the alarm going off because it thinks the bike is being stolen.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
.... is this F specific? I have trailered my B many times, alarm off and no problem... is this a way to keep the alarm on and do the same?

·
Registered
207 Posts
is the alarm just the turn signals flashing? I get this when I wheel the bike out of the garage. Is there supposed to be a horn going off also?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What trailer mode does is deactivated the sensors on the alarm. The alarm is still active, such as the kill switch, but the sensors are turned off while I trailer my bike. If you have a alarm on your F it is standard.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Put FOB on bike in pocket pouch for trailering or dealer work. Flashing lights are very distracting when trailering. At least you know the security system works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts