Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Lookin for some advice please. I did some searches and found the SE Stage 2 cams as a popular mod. I was surprised that I couldn't find anything in regard to the V&H street performance cams .462/.435 lift. Are these just not that popular or what's the deal? I assumed anything from V&H in regard to the vrod would be a good item?
I'm going to be ordering cams soon and would like to know what you guys think would be the better of the two for my 2008 1250. My searches turned up nothing on opinions of the 2 head to head. My bike has a Thunderheader, SE pro super tuner and am running topless.
As well do the SE stage 2's include different velocity stacks or is it fine just to dump in the cams.
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Guys,

Lookin for some advice please. I did some searches and found the SE Stage 2 cams as a popular mod. I was surprised that I couldn't find anything in regard to the V&H street performance cams .462/.435 lift. Are these just not that popular or what's the deal? I assumed anything from V&H in regard to the vrod would be a good item?
I'm going to be ordering cams soon and would like to know what you guys think would be the better of the two for my 2008 1250. My searches turned up nothing on opinions of the 2 head to head. My bike has a Thunderheader, SE pro super tuner and am running topless.
As well do the SE stage 2's include different velocity stacks or is it fine just to dump in the cams.
Thanks
I was able to find the stage 2 kit includes the stacks and filter but what valve shims are you supposed to get that the 2010 catalogue recommends???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You never know what shims will be needed until you start reassembly and check lash.
Thanks, makes sense. Will the stock heads flow fine to those cams or would I be silly to not buck up and get the heads tweaked while i'm at it? I don't have a ton of cake to play with....but it seems it would be wise to get er done while I'm at it??

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Putting in higher lift and duration cams without improving the flow in your heads is like putting a rubber on with a hole in it and expecting to be safe during sex :)... You won't see the potential of the cams without headwork... You will see some results for sure but not the full potential... A motor is nothing more than a big air pump... The more air you can move effeciently thru that motor, the more power it will produce... Increasing flow at one end and doing nothing at the other end will produce minimal results... Just my 2 cents :)

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
The V&H cams you are asking about are hardwelded and reground off of stock cores by Web Camshafts for Vance and Hines. They are good street cams but are a little milder and a lot more expensive than the SE 2 cams. The SE 2 cams are designed and ground for H.D. by Competition Cams off of stock H.D. cam cores. They make excellent power and seem to work good without the hassle of degreeing them in. If moneys no object you should talk to Ohio V-Rod about having your heads ported and polished while you are doing the cam swap and maybe throwing in a stroker crank for good measure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The V&H cams you are asking about are hardwelded and reground off of stock cores by Web Camshafts for Vance and Hines. They are good street cams but are a little milder and a lot more expensive than the SE 2 cams. The SE 2 cams are designed and ground for H.D. by Competition Cams off of stock H.D. cam cores. They make excellent power and seem to work good without the hassle of degreeing them in. If moneys no object you should talk to Ohio V-Rod about having your heads ported and polished while you are doing the cam swap and maybe throwing in a stroker crank for good measure.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated and i will consider Ohio vrod. The one thing i found attractive about the V&H option was my dealership that races destroyers deals with V&h regularly and it would be a one stop shop for cams and heads...but I don't have money to burn, so price will be a for sure factor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts