Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Toxic Vlux pipes and was wondering if the front pipe is too close to the frame? I am going to try to loosen the header bolts and try to play around to get more clearance but was wondering if any one running this pipe has any input. Thanks again.

Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
How much exhaust stud do you have showing through the nut? If it is not going all the way through with a couple threads showing then you need to use exhaust gasket 65109-01... it is a shorter gasket and will allow the pipe to sit at the proper depth in the heads which also will give you more clearance.

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must consult the oracle and have a cookie...

I purchased those gaskets and they are the same size as the ones in there. Now what surprized me is that these pipes dont fit in the gasket like the stock ones do but rather rest on top. But I'll continue tinkering just wanted to know if others were close to the frame as well.

Ben.

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
I do not have the vlux, but I just installed the toxic big rig about a week ago. My head pipe is realitively close to the frame as well.

·
Work in Progress.
448 Posts
I wouldn't be to worried about the frame. I would be worried about any wires that run down beside the frame that may get fried.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
the front pipe on Rineharts 2into2's just about touches the frame.... one forum member had his front engine mount go south on a ride and his pipe actually touched the frame, but a secure pipe won't be a problem... close is fine, touching is another matter

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohh yeahhh!!!

I was able to snake a lil more room and feel more comfortable. No wires or etc is touching or near except the radiator hose with the thick ass heat wrap. Thank you all. But if I could draw your attention to another matter please read

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1982859#post1982859

thanks.

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts