Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be geting my 08 any day now and seen a v-rod with a 260 back tire and was wondering if you could put a 260 on a stock bike or do you need to buy a kit for that.

·
Registered
248 Posts
260 will fit on a stock rim. Welcome to the board. If you search "260" you will find a gazillion threads.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
07DX said:
260 will fit on a stock rim. Welcome to the board. If you search "260" you will find a gazillion threads.
:them: Good luck with it .. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
07DX said:
:them: been there done that too easy!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help. Do you all happen to know if there is a black exhaust out there for a 08 yet. I have looked every where but cant find one for the 08.

·
Registered
497 Posts
black pipes

Hitman33 said:
Thanks for all the help. Do you all happen to know if there is a black exhaust out there for a 08 yet. I have looked every where but cant find one for the 08.
I picked up my o8 last night. Will install black ceramic coated TH's. Check my gallery for pics and sound. I spect to have deeper louder sound on the 1250.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
I'm sure the D&D 2 to 1 will fit. Best bet is to buy it stock and have Jet Hott ceramic coat it black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For black exhaust try Kerker "Supertrapp" Slip-ons, sound is good, not obnoxious or annoying but DB's increase w/rpms. Installed w/power commander have not dynoed it yet as my '07 DX has just over 400 mis.
Ed Axton,
Mt Vernon WA

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I talked to my dealer today and he said that all I would have to pay for is the difference between price of the 260 and the price of the stock 240. I really like the look of the exhaust that looks like a chain gun. Does anyone know how they sound. If it sounds good then I will go with it. I spent 8 yrs in the Marines so I'm real close to my guns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts