Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 40 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Talked to someone in the bar last night and he said he's put more miles on his car in the past month than he did all last year... lol, I feel that for sure.

I'd like to schedule a meetup... say something like the 22nd of this month... a Sunday... I know most people work Fridays and I work Saturday... so hopefully we can find some people available Sunday.

Please post and make it known if this day is good, and if not... when would be better... then we can go with what the majority can do.

Maybe meetup at the Hooters in SW Houston at 59 and Beltway... location can be changed.

Let's get this going!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here's everyone I found to be in the Houston area... spread the word if you know someone I missed! Will try to make a mailing list for those interested. I'm not positive how often all these people check the site but I suppose we'll see!

broberts001
runit1971
fpagejr
jim campbell
phog007
ripvrod
chris_tx
sammy
cornercarver
lear
texas outlaw
leos982
dominio1
redflamevrod
spininintexas
rayosequis
sparkyvrod
biff
engineer10
rein
adamt
2nastyz
veerodder
cipherhd
joe_s2k

·
Registered
29 Posts
Count me in. I'm in NW Houston (Hwy 6 & 290 area), but will ride anywhere. Let me know when you finalize the time and place.

Thanks for getting this organized. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Heh, this is by no means organized... but looks like we'll have at least a few people... and that's all we need to get this started... people will hear about our little 5 man group or whatever and become insanely jealous and wanna hang with us ;) I just see those DFW people hanging out every other week and wondered why the hell we dont have something set up like that!

I suppose the main thing is just meet up at around 1PM... goof off, grab some grub and have a refreshing beverage and if anyone wants to go for a ride we can... or if you're done for the day and just riding to SW Houston was a chore for you, you can go home.... either way it's cool with me. I'm sure after the first meet, this will be a lot easier.

Keep in touch guys!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds like a plan

Let me know when yall go and I will probably be there:D :moped:

May be on my Rex but I will bring at least one harley to the mix. Got pipes off and going to the ceramic coaters this week.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Houston is my hometown and I've been looking for an excuse to ride down there down 290. Let me know when y'all get together. Hopefully y'all will accept a former Houstonian =)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I won't be able to make this one due to another event scheduled on the 22nd, but I'll try to make the next one. Thanks for putting this together. I forwarded this to some other members up in the Conroe/Woodlands area too.

I take an evening ride through Kemah (146/NASA 1) on most Sundays, so PM me your number and maybe we can hookup then.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, but I will be working 12-10p. Definetely interested in meeting up, though and have been wondering myself why there haven't been any meets in Houston.

BTW has anyone tried meetup.com ? A patient suggested it to me and there are a couple of groups that meet up once a month and go for a cruise and eat. Maybe we could set something up on there ?

-Ernie

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
rayosequis said:
BTW has anyone tried meetup.com ? A patient suggested it to me and there are a couple of groups that meet up once a month and go for a cruise and eat. Maybe we could set something up on there ?

-Ernie
I'm sure it wouldnt hurt but I havent paid to use that service... to be honest I think we can get plenty on here to come... and once we have a couple meets it should only keep getting bigger and bigger as more become aware and wish to participate. Wouldnt be opposed to you doing so if you wish it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Reminder.... next Sunday! 22 July at 1PM! Hooters in Stafford (near 59 and Beltway on SW side of Houston)

Be there!

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey

I'll be there rain or shine... I wont have a V-rod by then but I'll be gettion one soon... if we go for a ride, I'll stay in the back... I don't want my Ultra classic to be the reason you guys don't go over 110 mph...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
lol... I sure wont be going that fast... no worries ;)

I might be riding down 59 to El Campo to see some girl later on that day... so either we can head down that way just to cruise or we can debate on another destination... I'm not picky.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I seeing 30% chance of scattered showers... not bad odds compared to what it has been lately.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Meetup is tomorrow at 1 rain or shine! Hope to see plenty of you guys there!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just wanted to post right quick and thank everyone who showed up!

Name / Forum Handle
Glenn / (not a member)
Mary / (not a member)
Scott / (not a member)
Brandon / NRODSPECIAL
Anthony / VEERODDER
Chad / Runit 1971
Michelle / Luv2ride
Sumner / Sumner__Stewart
Gabe / HDDemon
Jeff / Hannibal Jr

Brandon, Gabe, Scott and I had a nice little ride down to Galveston after we got done at the Stafford Hooters. Nice little ride... and it's always nice to see the Hooters down on the beach! Their deck is really nice even tho it seems it would be too hot to sit outside, the breeze with the help of their little blower is quite nice.

Sucks I had to fill up the air in my back tire after taking a nail/screw/sharp object which I'll end up having to replace... but either way... I had a great time.

Will be posting pics soon!

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Hey good meetin you guy's. We will have to do it again. And you guy's with those quiet bikes need to get busy. LOL:D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Pic 1: The first Houston area meet
THE POSE!
From left to right:
Scott, Andrea (Anthony's lovely wife), Anthony, Michelle (Chad's lovely wife(psst, thanks for the beer)), Chad, My sexy self, Brandon, Glenn, Jeff, Gabe and Sumner

Pic 2: The Beasts! rowr
Pic 3: The Beasts again!
Pic 4: Gabe and Sumner being cool
Pic 5: Chad tried to turn around before I could take a pic of everyone without letting them pose...
Pic 6: The happy couples! Anthony, Andrea, Chad and Michelle
Pic 7: Mary, Glenn and Scott
Pic 8: Brandon showing Sumner how to start a DX... ;)

Thanks again guys and gals for showing up! Great meeting those of you that I met and good to see those I already knew again. Let's do it again in a couple weeks... will post details soon... planning on doing it on the north side of Houston next time to make it for for those of you up there!

Attachments

·
Paladan_99
67 Posts
Bash Session

Hey, first the crap about the stock pipes :moped:, then a pic on how to push the start button. What is the Bash on Sumner __ (Double UnderScore) day. :)

21 - 40 of 140 Posts