Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncles bike is down and he was my main riding buddy... so now I need some peeples to do Hooter runs or just rides with that live in the Houston area.

I'm curious who in the area would consistently like to meet up at a predesignated location in Houston once a month or so to do a bit of riding. (perhaps more if we have enough people interested that has the time) Maybe have it be the first Sunday of the month? If weather doesnt permit, to push it to the following Sunday, etc.

I realize Houston is a big city and for some of us just riding to the meeting location would be a bit of a ride for us... I'm from SE Houston area (Deer Park, La Porte, Seabrook, Kemah, Clear Lake areas)... so anywhere within 30-45 minutes would be fine for me and then we could go from there.

Anyone interested? :dance:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm a little further south of Houston but would like to see the post on the different rides. I only get two weekends off per month so it would depend on when a ride is planned.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suppose when we find a few more people and find out their interests we'll get something set up.

I'd like to do a ride to Summerville soon... there's this little place there that has great food, and the roads in that area are really nice to ride on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey Im down once I get my bike back. Im taking it to Republic Harley in Stafford Monday after that truck ran me off the road, going to get new exhaust pipes and handlebars, Looking into the reduced reach Handlebars. I dont know how long they are going to have my bike but I have a feeling its going to be longer than I want. But once I get them Im getting back out there on the road, I live in Sugarland by the way..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! Let's hope for a speedy recovery for your bike then! hehe... keep in touch and let us know of your progress!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hope you made out with out injury. The bike can be fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah Im ok just really really sore, I flew out about 10-15 yards out in a field after my bike hit the curb , other than that nothing broken. I actually rode the bike today around the neighborhood, couldnt resist, it was even sprinking over here. Well from what I see, people wait 9 weeks and up to 6 months for their bikes, I hope thats not the case with me. Im taking her to Republic HD where I bought the bike, the damage isnt really that major, handlebars bent, rear-brake peg bent, scratches on pipes and fenders...I dont know I hope Im not without her for that long..I wonder if there is any local shops that work on Harleys..whats you alls opinion?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
None that I trust... I hope you have good luck getting her back together tho... not to mention I hope it's speedy..

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
There are 11 hooters in the Houston area, the ten listed here and one in Galveston.

http://hooters.know-where.com/hoote...n&design=default&place=Houston,+Texas&region=

See you soon, I am going to visit at least 9 of these, Galveston will be a definite for this trip. Haven't been there before. But My son and I will probably hit all eleven. Sure hope the weather clears, if not we are gonna be wet! Schedule to follow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Dave

I also hope the rain lets up. I'm looking forward to seeing your schedule. Maybe we can hook up again before Galveston.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Yeah let me know when you are on the North side LOL Humble, Spring or willowbrook

·
anodized antnee
813 Posts
i just wished it would stop friggin' raining!!! i don't think my bike has moved in about a month. in the garage, covered, in the air, and on the tender.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Friday: Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 70's. 30% chance of rain.

Well... guess it's better than 60% chance of rain, but either way I'm thinking we're going to get a little wet.

Dave,
What's the plan for Friday as of right now? Time/Location?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure who all else is free other than myself and Dave for Friday (6-Jul-07) but we plan a meeting a Hooters at approximately 1pm at the Hooter at 45 South and Nasa Rd 1

http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=080&address=&design=default&lang=en&mapid=US

Let us know if to expect you... we intend to hit a few Hooters in Seabrook, Galveston, Sugarland and another on Westheimer. You dont have to come for all, but if you can swing by for a beer, cool... if not, your loss!

·
2007AW, 2010 Ultra
121 Posts
well i will be in town for the weekend, at least most of it - i have to go to new orleans sunday evening/night, but if the wet shit goes away long enough to put something together, by all means let me know.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool... well, that's the tentative plan for Friday... show up if you can!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This doesnt look good at all...

Tomorrow: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. High near 85F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Tomorrow night: Scattered thunderstorms during the evening, then mainly cloudy overnight. Low around 75F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Flash flood in the Houston/Galveston area... ouch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
im in spring and would like to ride when the monsoon season is over. i put 500 miles on my bike the first week i had it, now for the last month i hardly put 20 on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Same deal as the above... I got 500 on it the first month, now I am getting dust on the bike from it just sitting there.

This weather sucks...

Anyhow I got my powder coated parts back and once I find some bushings for the brake and shift lever I would be down for a (any) Friday ride.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts