Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Now that I have my new Stage II Cam kit in hand I was thinking about purchasing the Hotcams new 10mm Shim Kit P/N HCSHIM23 and was wondering if anyone has had any experiance with these shims? I have searched the forum and see nothing about the kit but given the wide range of shims (Includes three valve shims of each size from 1.85 to 3.20 in .05 mm increments. 84 shims in total) it seems like a nice kit to get things started.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thanks Ken, so it sounds like this kit may not have the granularity that may be needed.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lot of shims how expensive is it? Do you know if they as hard as hd shims?
I have found them as low as $53 per kit but seem to average around $65.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
hd originally was going with .05mm increment on the shims and later added the between shims.. that is basically .002 in ... most likely could get the proper clearances with those shims..

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I use Hot Cams shim kits they are nice lets remember that .05mm = .0019. That is one thousand and 9 ten-thousands of a inch. If you can shim a head and accurately measure .0019 difference then you are better then a tool and die maker. HA Buy the kit it is well worth it.

Reactions: 13rdv

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
I use Hot Cams shim kits they are nice lets remember that .05mm = .0019. That is one thousand and 9 ten-thousands of a inch. If you can shim a head and accurately measure .0019 difference then you are better then a tool and die maker. HA Buy the kit it is well worth it.
:them: :D

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the input, this makes me feel better about going forward with the kit.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i rounded .0019685 to .002

1 - 14 of 14 Posts