Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 vivid/demin DX. My seat gets warm...like really warm. Is this a natural occurance? I switched out the stock with the sundowner...it happened with both. It was warm when the exhaust was silver and now that they are grill painted black.
The dealer said it had nothing to do with the skull valve stem covers on the tires. Any help, or truly creative smartassed comments are welcome.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Mine gets warm after a while. Actually over here in the freezing UK it's a welcome relief!

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
And then swamp ass kicks in. :laugh:

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
I took a long ride over the weekend and my caboose was sweating after an hour. It was really warm out and I got a good sunburn but the seat is hot. Even when I was doing 80mph most of the time.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess i should clarify.....just cuz im fat does not mean im dumb....this is a motorcycle created heat....not a solar retention of energy due to the suns proximity to earth at this time of year or the color of the seat. which when my seat is covering the seat, im quite sure no solar radiation reaches the seat.............yall missed the ...creativity line didnt ya.......lol. thanks!

·
Retired Devil Dog
148 Posts
bigjim50010 said:
The dealer said it had nothing to do with the skull valve stem covers on the tires. Any help, or truly creative smartassed comments are welcome.
Incompressible flows can be equivalently described by the vector potential ψ from which they can be derived. Its determination is made possible by the existence of the right number of boundary conditions. For planar flows, the vector potential reduces to a one-component vector along the normal to the flow plane. This component is the stream function ψ. The same simplification occurs for the vorticity, where ω denotes its unique component, along the normal to the flow plane as well, for planar flows. Both ψ and ω are pseudo-vectors, that is they transform themselves in the opposite way with respect to the proper vectors in a mirror reflection operation. The vorticity is not specifically related to incompressible flow, in contrast to the vector potential. Therefore, any incompressible flow is characterized by two separately defined pseudo-vectors. In other words, the dealer is wrong, it is the skull valve stem covers........DC

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts


·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Gold Bond will take care of the burning and chaffing.

I heard this stuff works too.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Only after you've calmed the situation down.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
and you missed the sarcasm of my answer but that is ok .you didnt mention your bike was producing the heat..

my ass gets hot when i ride too something to do with jeans.. and sitting on a seat that doesnt really breathe..

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
bigjim50010 said:
07 vivid/demin DX. My seat gets warm...like really warm. Is this a natural occurance? I switched out the stock with the sundowner...it happened with both. It was warm when the exhaust was silver and now that they are grill painted black.
Uh.. well.. it is called radiant heat and since it is summer.. OF COURSE IT WILL GET WARM :D In the sun that is.. LOL!

Black gets hotter than anything in the sun.. I thought that was common knowedge.. :stilpoke:

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
bigjim50010 said:
i guess i should clarify.....just cuz im fat does not mean im dumb....this is a motorcycle created heat....not a solar retention of energy due to the suns proximity to earth at this time of year or the color of the seat. which when my seat is covering the seat, im quite sure no solar radiation reaches the seat.............yall missed the ...creativity line didnt ya.......lol. thanks!
Oh My bad for the last post :D

Yes.. everything black will be hot.. but basically it goes back to being summer agian.. the engine does get hotter in the summer and the heat will get you.. Hell it burns my legs when the fan turns on.. Blows some serious heat back at me. Especially in traffic.. if I am going, I don't notice it at all.

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Actually, I searchin for an extremely hot ass for my back seat..... I mean smokin!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
olive, i got your sarcasm...no worries brother.......does miller make a butt ice equiv?....and i know im not being eloquent enough.....or using the proper verbage.....but its above n beyond summer heat....sunlight...etc. it happens in a garage, during a overcast day, a dusk run around the corn fields....didnt know if its radiant heat offa the pipes n its just a part of riding the DX or i have some bizarro world event going on here. and sense im rarely serious......wheres the bag balm helpful tips? lol

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
since.............lord i cant believe i typed sense...now youll think all iowans are booger eating morons( but having grown up in madison, wi.....they are) lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts