Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 AW model, 2100 miles, NO ABS, I have noticed that the throttle side caliper gets MUCH hotter than the clutch side. So yesterday I was at the dealer (just looking), and decided to let them check it out, the tech said that the clutch side was not applying enough pressure (road debris interfering with piston opereration), so he cleaned it, bled the brakes, took it for a ride and got both sides to feel evenly hot. Today I went for a 6 to 8 mile ride (mostly freeway) got off and the throttle side is STILL hotter than the other?? Anyone else notice this, I want rider/owner input before I go back to raise more hell!!

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Take the caliper off and see if the pad is wearing uneven, or ask the service guy who worked on the bike the question. 2100 miles should be enough to see if there is a problem. If you take it back (or do it yourself) get a set of Lyndall Z pads and replace the stock pos no dust and better braking.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did ask because I was concerned about uneven wear from one side to the other (since one side was doing most of the stopping). The tech said the pads were wearing even top to bottom, but there was not as much pressure on that caliper? I will get another opinion from a service manager who is a car club friend!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts