Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
09 special...

i want to get more horsepower...what blower is best..chip..and what intake work should i do..

how many horse can i hope get out?

loooking for tried and tru setup

thank you
Do some reading in the Big Bore/Turbo/SC and High Performance sections. You'll find all the info you could want, and then some.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them: and who is this Chip that you speak of?

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
k&n filter (topless), SERT or PCIII, and a CFR or other 2 into 1 pipe... this should hook ya up.. unless you really want to add ponies, then go turbo or BB

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
k&n filter (topless), SERT or PCIII, and a CFR or other 2 into 1 pipe... this should hook ya up.. unless you really want to add ponies, then go turbo or BB
All of that is worth maybe 10 horsepower, 8 of which is from the tune. The reality is that Porsche didn't leave much on the table. The only way to add real horsepower is forced induction or big bore. I can't afford either one, so I'll just sit here and turn green with envy while you lucky bastards get to have all the fun.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
How much HP ya lokin' for?

Unless you go turbo or blower which is easiest or big bore/stroke, the best thing in my experience is major head-work and cams along with intake mods - stacks/filter, make the gas and exhaust flow like hell, you'll gain some ponies and better yet change it's "attitude". It stays reliable and still great on the street.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Read, read, read. There is over 6 years of experience on this forum with everything from superchargers to turbos to nitrous. And many blown motors to prove how far is TOO FAR.

No chip replacement for the VROD - maybe the entire ECM or a flash, but no chip.

Oh and HP ain't cheap. Don't ask me how I know this. Be ready to spned $100 to $200 per pony.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
:them: and who is this Chip that you speak of?

You know he's talkin about the old style ecm's that had a PROM in them that was swapped out.
The controllers used today do not have PROM's as we knew them.The computer is programmable and the best way to tune a fixed mapp ecm like the V-Rod has is with a tuner that will allow the dyno operator to adjust the program accordingly.This alone can run as high as a grand.
I think if you want fast horse power that's pretty dependable if you don't cruise at WOT throttle for more than 12 seconds at a shot,a turbo charger is the best deal going for around 170 rwp out of the 1250's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.