Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some parts from Surdyke HD in MO. After 2 weeks, I contacted them and asked what the order status was. I received a generic response that it was clearly stated on thier website that it takes up to 2 weeks to get your parts. (apparently, I'm not the only one that wondered what took so long). 16 days later, I recieved my parts. But I was missing one part. I contacted them and they said they had made a mistake on thier website and they would send me the part right away. It's been 15 days and still no part again. Now this is just a shifter peg that they said was in stock. If selling parts on the internet is just an afterthought, it probably isn't a very good idea to try because it sure doesn't make they're company look good. I asked them why it took so long and got a nasty reply that "that is just our policy". Well, it's my policy not to spend money with companies that don't give a hoot about customer service! I'm fed up with them and just needed to vent.

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
Don't waste your money and time on dealers that don't want your business. Zanotti's and Hales are a couple of really good internet dealers that will step up and provide top notch service, plus they give a really good discount too.

Mike

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've had great luck with Surdyke; they even replaced a chrome clamp that broke during installation at no charge w/no quetions asked.

I just ordered a SE drive belt yesterday, we'll see how long it takes to get here.

:lamer: :broke: :lamer: :bash:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8-9-07. Still no order status online, no email, no tracking number. Nothing from Surdyke about correcting my order placed over a month ago. Sent them an email a week ago, no reply.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I would go with zannotti. think I have ordered from them 5-6 times. Always get an email the next day saying what they have in stock and what they dont. And how long it will take to get it. they have always shipped on time for me.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
VrodG said:
Hales gets.... :thumb::thumb:

Super guys to work with..............
:them:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am with Zannotti too. Great servise.

·
Turtle
89 Posts
I am another Zanotti fan. Great prices, quick service and always keep me informed if something has to go on back order. I normally get my parts delivered to my door in Australia within 7 days!!!

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
Surdyke isnt much better in person, guess its a privelage to have one of "their" bikes

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i bought my hd drag bars from surdyke hd..... I never got any email responses from them but I did get my product in about 6 days. They say 2 weeks on the site because the allow for having to order the parts to them then ship them to you...

if you go to their website and click order status
here is the link https://www.surdyke.com/hd/login.asp
enter your info and that will give you an update most of the time...

·
Billy
509 Posts
COVROD said:
I ordered some parts from Surdyke HD in MO. After 2 weeks, I contacted them and asked what the order status was. I received a generic response that it was clearly stated on thier website that it takes up to 2 weeks to get your parts. (apparently, I'm not the only one that wondered what took so long). 16 days later, I recieved my parts. But I was missing one part. I contacted them and they said they had made a mistake on thier website and they would send me the part right away. It's been 15 days and still no part again. Now this is just a shifter peg that they said was in stock. If selling parts on the internet is just an afterthought, it probably isn't a very good idea to try because it sure doesn't make they're company look good. I asked them why it took so long and got a nasty reply that "that is just our policy". Well, it's my policy not to spend money with companies that don't give a hoot about customer service! I'm fed up with them and just needed to vent.
Hales has become my #1 choice (it took about 7 days to get parts they did not stock and they sent the in-stock stuff out immediately) but I have bought from Surdyke a few times and my only complaint was the time it took to recieve my parts and that is why they tell you up front it takes 2 weeks or more. Surdyke has always honored the 20% discount so I give them a good rating. Try Hales next time and you will be pleasantly surprised. However, we all screw up sometimes so give em a break.

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
Zanottis!:notworth:
If your do a price compare between Zanottis and Surdyke
Zonottis is always cheaper buy a few dollars

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
8-14-07 Still no part, no email, won't return phone calls. Does anyone know who owns Surdykes? I'd love to talk to him. Maybe an email or phone number of someone there who cares?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
COVROD said:
8-14-07 Still no part, no email, won't return phone calls. Does anyone know who owns Surdykes? I'd love to talk to him. Maybe an email or phone number of someone there who cares?
Man, why are you wasting your time with these asswipes? Just order online from this point forward. This is your typical HD customer care service. And then, the part has about a 400% profit margin to boot.

For the 100th time, I'll mention HD should include a big ass bucket of loctite and a 55 gal. drum of KY with every bike purchase.:D

·
Registered
195 Posts
The phone# I`v used is 314-754-8442 and always talked to a live person.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
COVROD said:
i replied to you with a link to their order status page... did you try that out? I never got responses from them either but when I checked there all my info was right.

·
yellow turbo SE2
731 Posts
the owner is Greg Surdyke, I have tried to deal with them for several bikes and they are way to high and wont budge on price
steve

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Venomous, Yes, I've checked my online status page and it still has no info. Called yesterday and left a message, no one has called or left an email message. How can a company like this stay in business. They could care less about thier customers. Maybe we should start a thread on here and vote on the worst HD dealership in the country. I wish I could find an email for Greg Surdyke and send him this thread. Obviously, selling parts online is just an afterthought for this company. Sure doesn't help thier image in my view.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts