Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
I'm not very fond of the V-Rod horn cover... or any horn cover for that matter... I keep trying to talk Rob into putting his horn under the fuel cell, where the smog vapor canister is "temporarially" residing.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I posted on this very thing on the VTF a while back. I would LOVE to see the MoCo come out with their distinctive "no lower mandible" skull for the horn cover. I had/have a technical art student trying to "sculpt" one in wax so it could be cast, but I don't know the process well enough to understand!!!! :rolleyes:

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Anything that woukld keep it from hitting my leg would be good.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have on rare occasions used vocal cords and a finger. Works better then a horn usually.:sinister:

·
P.E.
71 Posts
I usually hit the horn when I mean hit the left turn signal. My buddy bought a dual horn air horn for his Honda Magna. You would think that you are about to get hit by a Mack truck when he lays on it.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
ACer said:
I usually hit the horn when I mean hit the left turn signal.
I usually do the opposite which could have been very nasty on at least one occasion.
A car was about to pull out on me from a side street to my left. I hit what I thought was the horn but was the left turn signal - I'm in the UK so it's like a right turn for you - the guy thinks I'm turning so he definitely pulls out. Luckily I've already started to brake ( and I have lightning fast reactions:D ). I'm cursing at the bloke but then look down and notice the flashing light - oops.
Mind you I never pull out even if someone is indicating - I wait until I see them start to turn.

Back to the original point...I don't mind the look of the horn. I love how loud it is.

And I have also been known to use voice and hand signals - my favourite is 'You Wanker' with matching hand gesture:D

Christine

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
OK, my bike is at home (rtaining this morning) or I would go honk and check, but WHERE id the horn cover? What does it look like? As a bike mechanic, or even as a bike where-the-fu(k-is-anything type, I make a bloody good Vermin!:laugh:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I like my horn the Best!To bad the pics to large to post!:(

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I had an air horn on the BSA way back in '71 (before I did away with the battery). A lady started to pull out, crossing in front of me with a Winnebago. When I hit the horn, I swear the front bumper hit the ground, and I saw potted plants, dishes, etc flying past windows. It was so cool. She was looking right at me when she started to pull out. I smiled as I drove past. She was looking edverywhere for the semi. I don't think she EVER saw me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.