Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the battery tender and was under the assumption of connecting pos to pos on battery and neg to neg on the battery, but when reading the directions it says to hook one to the battery and the other to a solid ground on the engine when the battery is still in the vehicle.

How do you guys have yours hooked up? Especially the ones that were dealer installed.

Thanks
Ken

I knew I shouldn't of read the directions.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Am i wrong or does'nt the ground on the batt. go to the frame and engine anyways?

i think you will be safe by connecting to the batt. neg terminal.it's just needing a good ground.:2cents

·
AMF
423 Posts
Directions ?? what are those ?? You don't have to install the harness that came with the battery tender. Just use the accessory harness that came on the bike. It plugs right into it.

·
AMF
423 Posts
Yes, the plug just below the left upper side cover. When I installed my battery tender I took the bike apart to install the harness that came with it. After I had it installed I noticed it was the same type of plug that came with the tender. It plugs right in. The harness on the bike runs right to the battery.

·
Ghost Rider
534 Posts
Guys, more info please on that plug already installed. I have battery tenders on al my cars already and it woulkd be great If I just can plug one of the to the Rod.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have had the Jr for 6 yrs on 3 bikes. Pos to Pos Neg to Neg... Works like a charm. I even bought a converter from Widder that will allow the Battery Tender and Widder elec gloves to plug into the same fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts