Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha new to the forum and HD. Rode many bikes last one a Vulcan 900 Custom. Wanted something faster and personally liked the Muscle better than other HDs and better than the Ducati Diavel. Use it to commute to work (6 mile round trip) and rides around Oahu.

Was looking for some storage and some wind protection but didn't need the full bagger set-up. The island is only so big so no long rides here. We joke and call the ride around the island the "Honolulu 500". :D

Hunted around the forum for a while and got an idea from slo2sixty (he used triple mag pouches) and WJKramer for the idea of not using the big chrome bracket on the screen and use 5/32" neoprene rubber washers instead.

I measured the area under the seat by the gas tank and eventually found a gas mask bag that fit well. Here is a pic of the bag model:

I zip-tied the bags to the frame and that have stayed on so far up to 90mph. The flyscreen was a simple install just took some adjusting to get it where I wanted it but nothing hard.

This set-up does what I need it to do; commute and compete in the Honolulu 500 without (hopefully) ruining the looks of the bike. I wished the bags had more "structure" to them but I might look for something to line them with for more rigidity. This would be purely for looks so they don't have that "saggy balls" look.

Anyway here are some pics.

Hope this helps anybody looking to do something similar.

·
Registered
62 Posts
AlohaMark.
Nice looking ride. The strip that you have hanging off your brake lever whats it call and were could a guy get one. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts