Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I recieved some of the parts for my intake so I took a few pictures and started this thread. I am building a custom turbo for my Muscle. I am using a Garrett turbo and the rest will be custom made. Here is the material I found for the intake. 10" by 4.5" tall aluminum with end caps. I may have to cut it down to 9" to fit. I will get a couple of 1" 58mm aluminum tubing for stacks and a piece of alumiumn stock for the base. I will attempt to build a mock throttle body base out of wood and use 58mm wooden dowles to fit everything for welding and to get a pwrfect fit. I will remove the sharp edges to improve air flow. It will take a while but I have all winter.

Attachments

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Did you buy the material that way or did you have to fabricate it?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Good luck, look forward to haering about and seeing the final product.. Are you going to continue to run the Stage 2 cams with the turbo?

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered it that way. Cost 34 dollars.

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes with the stage 2 cams. If I have trouble tunning, I will put the stock ones back in.

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The base for the intake is a little over 3" so the velocity stacks will fit good on the base.

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called then velocity stacks but just intake runners.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
looks good...what is your apprx. finish date?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
The plenum for my TTS Supercharger leaves the stacks out. Best of luck with the project - I love this stuff! If I can help, please let me know. Joe

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks good...what is your apprx. finish date?
If I finish by Christmas I will be happy. We ride year round down here.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
:popcorn

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Whats your plans for fabricating your exhaust head pipes that bolts to your turbo?

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whats your plans for fabricating your exhaust head pipes that bolts to your turbo?
For that I found a y pipe for a car exhaust system and will get some stainless pipe to make a custom manifold. The y pipe is 2" in and 2.5" out.

That was the first plan but a member contacted me and has something I can use so hopefully that will work.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts