Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been reading about the performance offered with 2 into 1 exhaust but didn't want to spend $400-$600 to find out. built a custom Y pipe to replace the midsection muffler of my upsweeps and added the v-modded long pipe with custom flange mount. i am very happy with the sound and smooth torque curve results. seems to be really right.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
c'mon... c'mon....

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
This winter I'll be putting together my own 2into1.... lots of up sweep and hopefully with a carbon fiber can at the end???

·
REGUL8
891 Posts
show me the money

Johnny HotFoot said:
This winter I'll be putting together my own 2into1.... lots of up sweep and hopefully with a carbon fiber can at the end???

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
anything like this?...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, almost exact. how do you like it? i have not made a heat shield yet to cover the "y". it appears you have made 1. any hints?

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
stumpworks said:
yes, almost exact. how do you like it? i have not made a heat shield yet to cover the "y". it appears you have made 1. any hints?
That's the Poweline (member here) mod of the 3rd volume. He cuts and reforms the 3rd volume/midpipe into what you see there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had read where someone was doing the midsection mod and seriously considered doing that. however, not being sure of the outcome i did not want to trash my mid-pipes. now that i am pleased with the performance, sound and weight savings i would go that route.

·
Brush
107 Posts
stock 2 into 1

Hi does anyone have any detailed info on how to modify my stock exhaust into a 2 - 1 like the forum member powerline has done,will my stage 1 flash be ok or will I have to use a different map with a power commander.Thanks

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
I recently saw the powerline exhaust thread and attempted to do it myself. It turned out well but never installed it, after all that work I decided to stay with my CFR. I don't have any detailed how to advice but I figured out length and offset. Six cut off discs, cut here and there, and weld.
made it a few inches shorter than powerlines. I'll post pics. I recommend a fuel management system.

Attachments

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Seeking PCIII MAP for 07DX powerline 2-1 VMOD pipe

I recently saw the powerline exhaust thread and attempted to do it myself. It turned out well but never installed it, after all that work I decided to stay with my CFR. I don't have any detailed how to advice but I figured out length and offset. Six cut off discs, cut here and there, and weld.
made it a few inches shorter than powerlines. I'll post pics. I recommend a fuel management system.
I've searched the MAP section and can not find a similar setup.

Seeking a PCIII MAP for ;
07DX , Powerline or Wicked 2-1 mod, with a single "A" up swept pipe.

I have the it all welded, mounted and painted BLACK, with the "Wicked/Powerline" 2-1 up sweep.

never mind...GETTING IT DYNO'D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts