Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got an extra set of stock header pipes, to include the the little 2-1-1 "box". After sitting there looking at how all this was made, I got to thinking that it would be possible to have a little 2-1 "box" made to replace the stock one. Then any single slip on could be placed on it. The adapter could even have a little bit of an angle up on it, to help with the cornering clearance. In ieffect, this is what Super trapp did. I could use one of my D&D pipes, or even a sport bike canister. Ok, I am just thinking here, and not really thinking about aesthetics, yet. If this could work, we could all end up with a 2-1. Why throw away all of that metal H-D gave us? Anyway, waht do you guys think? I have a friend who is a good welder, and if it works, I could get it chromed to match. C'mon guys, I actually like this idea, and that doesnt happen often. :hmm:

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
Car Chemistry.com Offers A Collector That Bolts To The
Stock Head Pipes And Will Make The End Pipe In Any Config.
Or Size That You Want. They Also Ceramic Coat Them Or
Chrome.but You Have To Call Them As They Only Advertise
Drag Pipes For The V-rod.if Your Making Them Your Self
Go With A Race Type Collector.just My 2 Cents Worth.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have a pic OKIE? darn you beat me to the punch ;)

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Greg687 said:
you have a pic OKIE? darn you beat me to the punch ;)
You will need a good tuner to get them right but I've made 121hp and 117 on different dynos.

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
If you are gonna make your own pipes then check into Dr.gas .com.They originated the X-pipe you see today on Nextel cup cars.They make a 2-1 merge collector that is proven to make at least 2 hp,on V-8's.I was planning on making my own equal lenght 2-1 pipes but the price for materials,coating and the R&R was more than just going out and buying the TT's.Which I did instead
Here is the link to the merge collecter.http://www.drgas.com/product.asp?id=7

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
OKIE said:
You will need a good tuner to get them right but I've made 121hp and 117 on different dynos.
Still waiting to see that map file ;)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:spank: ;)

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:2cents: My actual thought was to use the stock headers, a 2-1 collector, and one of my D&D slip ons. But it would work with any slip on. Just a way to use those stock head pipes. Supertrapp makes a nice slip on too

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
mjw930 said:
Still waiting to see that map file ;)
Can't give what I don't have.
Cajun Harley never produced one (I have asked for a refund) and Shreveport Harley just made adjustments to it. I realize you and Kaz think I'm fibbing or something. :alien: I'm considering making the long haul to Daytona just to let you ride it. If I don't I'll try to be at K.C. for the plant trip. If your ever in this area please stop by.
Hey hows about Max riding it. I know you'll beleive him. He's only a few hours away and I ride thru there on my way to Oklahoma.
Hey Max, wanna ride? Maybe we could meet at Hooters. I love those wings.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
" I realize you and Kaz think I'm fibbing or something. :alien: "

JUST THINK ABOUT IT FOR A SECOND.You have a combo"set of pipe" that NOBODY has made more then?112?114?That I think would be Really good Numbers.Well I'm No engineer,but I have been to a chassie dyno on a few V-rods before"Plus I always sleep at Holidays Inn!" :laugh: You claim to have Some of the Highest Numbers Ever Recorded.Now Anything is Possible so who know?I just know to get ANYTHING Over 118 rwhp takes some serious Tweaking and I just don't think they did that!Now you can ALWAYS FUDGE the dyno and make it read Happy so with out proof"your combo make same numbers on another dyno" or"someone else with the same tune and combo making that number".Thats has Not been done.Till then I doubt too many of you out there can ride somebodies bike and tell you what the rwhp is! :kaz:

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Super Kaz said:
" I realize you and Kaz think I'm fibbing or something. :alien: "

JUST THINK ABOUT IT FOR A SECOND.You have a combo"set of pipe" that NOBODY has made more then?112?114?That I think would be Really good Numbers.Well I'm No engineer,but I have been to a chassie dyno on a few V-rods before"Plus I always sleep at Holidays Inn!" :laugh: You claim to have Some of the Highest Numbers Ever Recorded.Now Anything is Possible so who know?I just know to get ANYTHING Over 118 rwhp takes some serious Tweaking and I just don't think they did that!Now you can ALWAYS FUDGE the dyno and make it read Happy so with out proof"your combo make same numbers on another dyno" or"someone else with the same tune and combo making that number".Thats has Not been done.Till then I doubt too many of you out there can ride somebodies bike and tell you what the rwhp is! :kaz:
I have yet to see another dyno run with Force LONGS. I can only guess they perform different than the shorts. It makes me sick that after 1000$ in tuning (including RT) that I don't have a map or file to show or share. :banghead:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
OKIE,
WELL YA!WTF! :mad: Whats their excuse?Giving you back your money is the LEAST they should DO for you! :chair: What about all your time loading/unloading ,delivering/picking up,phone calls and e-mails,etc your out!Ya I'd be ready to send one of my Associates down there to Take Care of Business! :sinister: I'm sure everything is true :rolleyes: but from out side looking in you can't blame Mark and I for Questioning! ;)

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Super Kaz said:
OKIE,
WELL YA!WTF! :mad: Whats their excuse?Giving you back your money is the LEAST they should DO for you! :chair: What about all your time loading/unloading ,delivering/picking up,phone calls and e-mails,etc your out!Ya I'd be ready to send one of my Associates down there to Take Care of Business! :sinister: I'm sure everything is true :rolleyes: but from out side looking in you can't blame Mark and I for Questioning! ;)
Is there even a phone # to make such complaints?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ya 1-800-u-got-screwed! :soapbox:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ya I have the number memorized by Heart! ;)

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
Here's Car Chemistry's Hand Made 2 Into 1 That Slips On Stock
Head Pipes It Is Ceramic Coated Inside And Out.i'll Post Pics
On The Bike When The Motor Is Back In.(they Can Make Them In
Any Configuration You Spec.)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts