Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope this helps!

Hey all! I thought I would share this tool mod with everyone. In looking at the master cylinder bleeder system offered on the forum I thought, "I can make this!"

So off to Home Depot. I bought a $6 pump bottle from lawn and garden (holds about 1/2 gallon), $4 1/4" plastic tubing, plastic quick-set glue $3, $5 pressure dial, $2 copper hardware conectors = under $24.

I used an old OEM master cylinder cover. Poped out the plastic bubble center, ran tubing through center hole (clean all parts with rubbing alcohol) and glued with quick set plastic glue. Drilled bottle to accept gauge (silicon glue already had) inserted gauge threaded end, apply silicon around gauge insertion and let set up over night before use. From the nipple end of pump bottle I wrapped threading with white thread tape (could also apply silicon at this point since screwing nut onto plastic to make sure you have a complete seal) and screwed on copper nut, taped and screwed on reducing copper nut (has nipple on other end), slide on plastic tubing and clamped. That's it! Simple and cheap! Tried it out the following day, no leak! Changed out old dot 5 fluid in under 20 minutes. Hope this is of some help to those penny pinchers out there.

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I moved your duplicate post. Thanks for the idear.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Great copy of my idea. Thanks for sharing. :rofl:

Is that tank good with dot 5, dot 4? The one I make is made by a brake bleeder manufacture, it is not a sprayer from Home Depot.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on Max! It does the job and only cost me a fraction of what you're offering. By the way, I hope you're not thinking I'm trying to sell anything here. All I intended is to provide the penny pinchers on the forum an alternitive solution. For me I was proud of my creation. Any positive feedback greatly appreciated. So for negative comments keep to ones self, low self-esteem you know.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
turner1968 said:
Come on Max! It does the job and only cost me a fraction of what you're offering. By the way, I hope you're not thinking I'm trying to sell anything here. All I intended is to provide the penny pinchers on the forum an alternitive solution. For me I was proud of my creation. Any positive feedback greatly appreciated. So for negative comments keep to ones self, low self-esteem you know.
Is any of the rubber you use approved for brake fluid? Everything I use in mine is brake fluid friendly and I spent a lot of time looking for the right products and the way to do it. I pay part of the bill of this forum you use every month with the sale of brake bleeders. I don't care if you copy what I make, I do care if you copy and advertise it. And you call it your creation. :)

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Max, in my short time on the forum I must say this is not like you. At no time did I think he was trying to sell this. I never even thought of the fluid issues either. Actually when I read this I thought didn't someone already come up with this, oh yes it was Max. I also thought to myself why wouldn't I just buy it in the forum store. Great ideas, it seems as if the O.G. one has a little more thought and science behind it.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Gdub

In the last couple of months I watched UE receive one of my tank tools, copy it and now he calls it his engineering. I had a manufacture sign up on the forum and within days started offering products with the 1130cc.com logo . Six months ago another forum sprung up that even used word for word copy and paste of my text and my descriptions and areas. I'm pretty easy going but I watch the bill and bandwidth growing all the time and then when someone uses the forum that I spend about 100 hours a week working on they take my work, advertise how to make a cheap knock off copy with none of the quality and then they have the nerve to call it their creation. Maybe I'm just a little sensitive about some things.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I don't think you are sensitive, all your points are valid and your work greatly appreciated by all who use the forum. I was just trying to ease the tension that seemed to be developing. With just the items that you have listed it seems as if you are more than intitled to handle things how you see fit. We can all see the work that is put into the forum and without it I would have a truley bone stock 04.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope! I did no research. Don't know if any of the materials are DOT 4 or 5 approved. So I guess all I can say is use at your own discretion. I have to agree with Gdub. From posts I've seen from you this does not seem like your normal comments. I have appreciated many of your previous comments and product ingenuity. I've even purchased products from forum store, Aim clutch, and kickstand bushings. I'm not trying to take business from you by any means.

I guess what I'm seeing here is that if a forum member comes up with a "How to" suggestion/idea and it conflicts with you we shouldn't post? Is this only for the elite?

You know, ever since finding this forum I've seen many suggestion good or indifferent. Some I like some not so much. But the great thing, up till now, is that everyone's creativity counts. How this is interpreted/applied, well that's up to the next person. I'm very new to motorcycles and like to be creative. If I feel that my creativity can be shared and benefited by the next person great, if not that's OK too.

Please forgive if I've stepped out of bounds with forum standards. Just trying to help!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I cannot really agree with you there. It would have just been removed, however he has let it stand for everyone to see "your" invention. Lets just leave it at that and understand that when you post something there is a chance you will get some comments, good or bad, all in the eyes of whom is reading them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh! By the way everyone. This idea did not originate from me. Max has all the credit here. I just needed something that I could afford at the time. So using Max's idea, and obviously did not improve on anything very crude at best I made this to suit my immediate needs.

I didn't even think about component compatibility. As I mentioned earlier use at your discretion. As a matter of fact it has been my intension to by approved set from forum store when I have the cash. But for now this works. Max if you like go ahead and remove from forum, no problem here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One last thing. When I stated, "My creation" I didn't intend for it to mean that I thought this up all by myself. I just meant hey guys/gals look what I can do. I mean look at the thing it's as crude as can be. By no means nearly as good as Max's set up. Please believe me max I have no intension on mass producing this thing. Just this one for my personal use. Again, I appoligize to the mass if I created any conflicts. Take care,:notworth:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
No apology needed and I'll admit that after some of the other things I have seen in the past from others I was probably a bit harsh on you. Lets just move on.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
turner1968 said:

SUPPORT YOUR WEBSITE! :deal: I WILL BUY THE BLEEDER FROM MAX. I DON'T GIVE A RATTS ASS IF YOU CAN PIECE MEAL IT TOGETHER......

:stilpoke: SUPPORT IS JUST THAT.....SUPPORT!!!!! :chair: PERSONALLY I AM ENJOYING THIS WEBSITE. AFTER COMING OUT OF A 40K BMW AND LISTENING TO THE..... :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: MY SHIT DON'T STINK I DRIVE A BMW.... I AM RELIEVED TO SEE CONCRETE INFORMATION ON THESE FORUMS. IT IS LIKE OLD SCHOOL.... :notworth:

DONATION HAS BEEN MADE VIA PAY PAL. :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TEJASpecial,

Have you seen the GEICO commercial where the caveman is being interviewed by something like CNN and he replies, "Duh, What!!! You're making no sense and have contributed very little. Nothing worthwhile anyway. I am however impressed by your ignorance! Must make friends quite easily. You have a BMW! That's awesome! Will gladly accept any donations to my PayPal account. Contact me if this confuses you in anyway.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Now it's time to close this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.