Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By request a few members wanted to see the shift light I ordered installed and in action. This is a light by Autometer part number 5343 Digital Pro Level 1. It has a single shift light setting, Max RPM recorder and 4 levels of light brightness 0-3 . Heres a few pics for your viewing enjoyment. 1st photo is just in "standby" 2nd is Level - 0 light setting and 3rd is Level 3 brightness!

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
That's a great shift light and the same one HD uses for the Screamin Eagle shift light - only difference is the screamin eagle logo screened on the side and the mount. They work great.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Very cool .....any chance of other picture angles to see what looks like From side and Front !!!???

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i have a stewart warner with blue leds and the digital read out in the middle and love it, will use it again on the next race bike. me and the shift light was the only things to survive my horrific crash.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
i have a stewart warner with blue leds and the digital read out in the middle and love it, will use it again on the next race bike. me and the shift light was the only things to survive my horrific crash.
I guess yours is the shift light thats similar to the one posted by the OP, I'm actually wanting to install this one in the CVO tach housing since my tach died long time ago and that way I would have tach and shift light together. It's actually bigger (2 1/16" diameter display) but it will fit better in my tach housing's 3" diameter dial. I'm actually waiting for reply after placing the order a couple days ago

FWIW UPDATE: Apparently Stewart Warner's shift lights are no longer available

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heres a few more pics of the Shift light. Install is very easy. Green wire to the #3 pin ECM, Hot Red & Ground Black.Yes I have some Green wire going into my Switch hot but the light comes with about 3ft more then you need on the Green wire. The Black & Red were a bit short. The light itself is about 2 1/16 in round and 5in long. Only NEGATIVE review I have is the wire has NO protective wrap (heat shrink) the whole lenght of the wiring so I added it myself, otherwise I love it!

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Ok so the Stewart Warner shift gauge I posted earlier is apparently impossible to get anywhere so I'll be moving to an Autometer one. Question to vrunner, does your level 1 has a launch mode setting? According to the specs on their website it doesn't but wanted to double check with you.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so the Stewart Warner shift gauge I posted earlier is apparently impossible to get anywhere so I'll be moving to an Autometer one. Question to vrunner, does your level 1 has a launch mode setting? According to the specs on their website it doesn't but wanted to double check with you.
No it doesn't have a launch setting. The Level 2 has a launch setting and a progressive shift point. The Level 3 has all the same but 90 seconds worth of playback. Even at a Level 1 light I love it! IMHO you won't be disappointed. Again only Negative on it is it doesnt come with protective covering on the wiring so make sure you got shrink tubing on hand

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Running a Raptor light myself.

Mounted UNDER the DX nacelle. Switches sealed with 2 layers of heat shrink, wired on a 3 pin "standard" quick disconnect under the l/h cover so I can remove it when I'm washing the bike (not a "water friendly" unit - though it doesn't get screwed up in the rain, hosing it down will mess with it).

$110 for the Blue LED's - 105 for all others...

Rick

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quick question, did you just drill two holes into the gauge housing to mount that on there? I just got mine in today and want to put it on the bike tomorrow, just exploring possible mounting options. I really didnt want to drill in there to mount it, but I will if thats the best option.

Also, if you did drill it, does that piece just pull off so I can drill through it without damaging anythign else?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quick question, did you just drill two holes into the gauge housing to mount that on there? I just got mine in today and want to put it on the bike tomorrow, just exploring possible mounting options. I really didnt want to drill in there to mount it, but I will if thats the best option.

Also, if you did drill it, does that piece just pull off so I can drill through it without damaging anythign else?
Yes I drilled right through the gauge housing. If I ever want to remove it all I need is rubber plugs that sit flush.. I don't know about other models BUT.. On the Muscle.. 2 caps head bolts hold the headlight assyembly in place. Take those 2 out and there is the plug for the speedo, unplug that. take the 4 button head bolts off the faceplate and lift the whole cluster right out. there is a small gab between the gauges and the housing (mine about a 1/8th) so you either have to get shorter bolts or I just used a dremmel with a cut off wheel

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Running a Raptor light myself.

Mounted UNDER the DX nacelle. Switches sealed with 2 layers of heat shrink, wired on a 3 pin "standard" quick disconnect under the l/h cover so I can remove it when I'm washing the bike (not a "water friendly" unit - though it doesn't get screwed up in the rain, hosing it down will mess with it).

$110 for the Blue LED's - 105 for all others...

Rick

not trying to hijack but i can beat the advertised price.

ok, now back to your regularly scheduled thread..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts