Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would put a little teaser out here for you '07 and '08 owners. As promised we are fitting a 300 tire kit to our 2008 VRSCA.

The swingarm you see here is for mock up and testing only. The actual end product will be made of billit aluminum with hidden axles and available in polished, black or chrome.

We made this test swingarm out of the stock one that was on the bike using our alignment jig. It is actually about 3/4" wider than it needs to be, but fine for our measurements. We fabricated a pivot shaft and rear axle today and have already got the tire centered and determined that the outer fender will work fine. Stock exhaust should also work fine.

We are well on our way! Look for a finished ready to sell kit in about 4 months or less.

Cheers, Jerry

Update: The 300 mule is fully functional!. Stay tuned for our billet swingarm.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I am impressed, speechless almost! Looking good Jerry.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Jerry, that looks great :notworth: :notworth: The 300 tire looks at home under that fender :thumb:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Holy $#ite that is one fat a$$ tyre on that there VR. Good job Hogpro!

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Biker Bill said:
Holy $#ite that is one fat a$$ tyre on that there VR. Good job Hogpro!
:them: Thats almost exactly what I thought when I saw that! Nice job Jerry!!!

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
very nice jerry

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
:coff: My investment broker says you shouldn't have posted these pics on here. Or at least I shouldn't have looked at them.

·
Banned
405 Posts
/sigh..... my wife just rolled her eyes when i said "wow look at that fat ass!"

Looks very sweet. Cannot wait for details on everything needed and prices.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
DAMN!....the stock AW/DX fender FINALLY FILLED OUT!!!.....so the Moco KNEW what they were doing when they designed that fat fender,they looked into the future and knew the 1130cc.com guys would be wanting a true FATTASS!....300mm....just SICK!!!!

Hogpro,you guys rock!

Dan

·
1,016 Posts
Look great but I'll be damned if a 300 won't even fill that r.fender!

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
allengy said:
Are the back ends different on the "AW" and "DX"? I always thought the DX was the same as an AW, just blacked out.
They are the same except the DX has shorter shocks.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I used a DX fender that I fabricated to fit my '03 A with a 300 tire. Pictures in my gallery. I am now waiting on the Hogpro kit for my '07 DX. Hurry up Hogpro.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Any idea yet on what size hole ill be burning through my pockets yet?????????

1 - 20 of 337 Posts