Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

We are once again excited about our new V-Rod. This time it's a 2008 "A" with the sweet new 1250cc motor. The last new one we had was an '04 "B" model that served as our wide tire and wheel test bike.

This one will do the same. We are going to test the limits of tire and wheel combo's and intend to have a 300 Metzeler on the ass end of this one in 3 or 4 weeks. If all goes well we will have a kit available for you guys with the '07's and '08's.

I will keep you updated.

Cheers, Jerry

Attachments

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Go get em Jerry - you da man... :notworth: :notworth:
Nice looking bike too.. :D

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
If I decide on a 280 or a 300 I think I'll get my Psiciatrist to run the bill on my medical insurance under the Psicialogical clause.:deal:
We will finish the 280-300 talk on this coming Thursday.:)

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
964 Posts
Did I ever mention I hate you jerry. Just when my wheels come in now you go and say you will have a 300 out in a month.....damn you man.

Are you trying to bankrupt me?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
300 on a DX would look tities, good luck Jerry!

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vesteroid said:
Did I ever mention I hate you jerry. Just when my wheels come in now you go and say you will have a 300 out in a month.....damn you man.

Are you trying to bankrupt me?
Sorry Man, actually I said we will have one on OUR bike soon. The plan is after that to make a billet 280 / 300 kit for the '07's and '08's. This will likely be ready around Jan. '08. We will give extra kick ass deals to those of you with '07's who have bought packages already.

Hang in!

Jerry

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
A 300mm would look awesome on a DX. As for me Jerry, I'll stick with my High "5" rim and a 200mm Avons.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Jerry,

Are your new rim packages going to use the Harley bearings? I ask because those of us who have ABS will not be able to use the narrower, single row bearings that typically come on the aftermarket wheels. We also need 25mm bearings and intermediate shafts for our new axles.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mjw930 said:
Jerry,

Are your new rim packages going to use the Harley bearings? I ask because those of us who have ABS will not be able to use the narrower, single row bearings that typically come on the aftermarket wheels. We also need 25mm bearings and intermediate shafts for our new axles.
Hi Mark,

We are using the new harley spec bearings and 25 mm axles for the '08's. We already have ABS hubs for the FLH bikes. The brake side is where the ABS magnetic bearing resides. On the front its the left side. Our V-Rod is a non ABS model so we havn't done the ABS V-Rods yet but we'll have them before long. Our first objective is to devolop our 300 swingarm kit.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Damn,, and I just put the new wheels on 2 weeks ago........

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Hogpro said:
Hi Mark,

We are using the new harley spec bearings and 25 mm axles for the '08's. We already have ABS hubs for the FLH bikes. The brake side is where the ABS magnetic bearing resides. On the front its the left side. Our V-Rod is a non ABS model so we havn't done the ABS V-Rods yet but we'll have them before long. Our first objective is to devolop our 300 swingarm kit.
I figured you were on top of it but I just wanted to ask. :thumb:

It would seem that the easiest thing to do would be to machine the hubs to accept the installation kits and then assemble the hubs (bearings and spacer) to order depending on what year bike it was intended for and whether it had ABS or not. That's Harley's new business plan with wheels and frankly it's a sound one.

One of my biggest issues with aftermarket wheels has been their insistence to run cheaper, single row bearings. The Harley spec double row bearing is more durable, especially in a tough environment of wide wheels and high horsepower motors.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
:popcorn

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
At one point these bikes will stand up by themselves. No need for a jiffy stand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts