Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what advantage is it to join the national hog membership? i just joined and can truthfully say theres not much there . no articles about v rods just leathered up biker wannabees and of course ads.

·
Chillin' the Least
525 Posts
what advantage is it to join the national hog membership? i just joined and can truthfully say theres not much there . no articles about v rods just leathered up biker wannabees and of course ads.
Oh Come on, you will get plenty with yer HOG club membership, let me explain. You will recieve a big envelope with an "Official" HOG Touring Handbook :paper: Also for yer wannabe HA vest you will get a Beautiful one of a kind year pin AND matching patch :yak: But Wait There's More!!! Also included in this one of a kind membership you will get to hang out with some of the most boring people you may ever meet (I'm talking MY town) However I kinda enjoy the HOG mag that shows up every few months, not sure why :confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
honestly i think the mag is the best part, sometimes early availabilty for tickets at rallies. the atlas does make a nice gift to give away every year when the new one arrives! and the one free emergency roadside service a year is worth the money. i was part of an awesome chapter when i first got my first road king in '04, i moved and the local chapter closest to me is a joke!
:soapbox:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
NOT worth it at all. I get all the roadside assistance from Allstate for all my vehicles for one buck/week. Unlimited roadside assistance for all my vehicles & rentals, I have a GPS and the interwebs, so the free road atlas is useless.
HOG membership does get you a good discount on moto shipping and insurance, but that's about it.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I do it because it saves me $$$ on my cycle insurance and I also get 17% off my monthly cellular bill each month. These 2 things more then pay for the membership.

·
03 A
1,506 Posts
I do it because it saves me $$$ on my cycle insurance and I also get 17% off my monthly cellular bill each month. These 2 things more then pay for the membership.
you get 17% off cellular bill by having the membership? Is this on any particular carrier?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
My local group is very active, and ride alot! I have moved many times, and each time, I guess I lucked out - the HOG chapter has been good, active, supports local charity, and great folks. Had a guy I met there come over today for a quick block of instruction. I also get a discount at the dealership, and local businesses. Pays for itself.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
That is a question you need to find out for yourself. I've been a member since 1994. I also belong to the local HOG group. I have used a lot of it services.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
The local chapter here is a bunch of ultraglide retirees who can't wait to ride at 6am for some coffee somewhere...I guess its dependent on where you live. My area sucked.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
A number of years back they sent hog members a special rebate/offer on bikes. It was something like $1k but I haven't seen anything like it since.

Other than that, I found it more or less useless.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Been a HOG member for years... Bout the only thing I care to buy from the MOCO...

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I say the discount at AT&T isn't worth the effort that HOG offers.
I have had service with them for over 10 years.I never paid attention to the bill until I did a regroup on all my monthly bills.I was paying $240 a month for our cell phone service! All we had was phone service,nothing else.
My wife has recently gone round and round with AT&T over our monthly charges.It took over 2 months of going round and round with the twits that work for AT&T.While we were on the merrygoround I refused to pay them a red cent.After many attempts,my wife finally got the bill down to just over $70 for 2 phones,taxes included and the same contract stayed in place.The 2 months I refused to pay were also charged at the new rate.

The reps that answer the phones are trained to be twits so that we get pissed off and stop pursuing a lower rate.Hammer them,they will break,eventually.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I am a national member. I did it because when I went to hawaii it saved me more on the rental of the bike than the membership was. No other reason for me.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
So a HOG membership and a Lifetime membership on this forum equal about the same, zero!
Not quite, with the HOG membership you get a purdy patch and road atlas :hidesbeh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts