Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this member doesn't mind me using his tins for an example....:D
(I'll put it a shamless plug for him..here---> http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70971 as they are up for sale)

BUT- I have always, always loved the Smokey Gold & Black Tins. Very Classy looking to me.

However....I have thought that the silver frame kind of throws it off with these tins, a tiny bit, IMO.

I wonder what these would look like on a black frame??? A "B" Model perhaps...

Has anyone ever done this do you think??? What are your opinions??

(anyone realllly good at photoshop:cupcake :cupcake :cupcake )

Attachments

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Why, exactly, are YOU, CuppyCake, wanting to know? Something up your sleeve? (we already know you're pregnant)

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
Doesn't every color look better on a black frame/B :hidesbeh:

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
Why, exactly, are YOU, CuppyCake, wanting to know? Something up your sleeve? (we already know you're pregnant)
Wow, Congrats Amy!! I had no idea.

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
I think those would look great on a black frame. IMO, I wouldn't be too crazy about the colored side covers. I'll look forward to seeing yours in person someday.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TexasV-Rod said:
1) I am not pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) CuppyCake doesn't really have anything up her sleeve except...when I do get a VROD, I'm sure it will be used. I actually like the older options for VROD's better than the 07 & 08's.. so the B's will be around when I get ready to purchase.

3) Since Rob already has an "A" with a Silver Frame..I think it would be cool to have a VROD with a black frame!! B's have mid controls don't they??? If so, I would definitely change them to forward controls....but that's no biggie

4) Plus, I'm just a visual person, and wonder what it would look like on a black frame!!!!

5) I am not pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that clear yet????? :)

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Troy said:
I think those would look great on a black frame. IMO, I wouldn't be too crazy about the colored side covers. I'll look forward to seeing yours in person someday.
Ohhhh...what about BLACK SIDE COVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be awesome!

So would I stick with a Chrome CFR...or do a black CFR???

wouldn't anyone like to volunteer to photoshop these possiblities for the good of the forum ;)

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CaptClose said:
Wow, Congrats Amy!! I had no idea.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo No BABIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Black side covers would look good IMO. If it were me I would go with the chrome CFR and probably chrome panels. There are so many things you could do and have a blast doing it.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
synseer said:
Hey....you're pregnant!!! Congratulations!

What are you hoping for, a boy or a girl?

Seriously.....I'm not!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin...see what you have done??????????????

Rob is not going to be happy with me :(

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Troy said:
Black side covers would look good IMO. If it were me I would go with the chrome CFR and probably chrome panles. There are so many things you could do and have a blast doing it.

Black Radiator covers too?? So the Smokey parts would be the airbox, front, and rear fender??? Or keep the smokey radiator covers??

SEEEE This is why I need to see this on a drawing!!! It's so hard to just "imagine" ya know?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Watch out or Crabcake will be making a scene:hidesbeh:

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jleakey said:
Watch out or Crabcake will be making a scene:hidesbeh:

:them: :them: :them: :them:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
nd2 said:
Doesn't every color look better on a black frame/B :hidesbeh:
I think That color would look good in a dumpster.:barf: Aint know frame gunna make that look good.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts